PICS – Went Twin Turbo

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still in the works.. I have a Gen 3, so its a little different. From what I remember there a pretty big difference between the 88's and the 94's.. Not much room really to fit.

Were breaking in the motor N/A right now. I will post pics soon. :)

Sounds good! Can't wait to see the results.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Still in the works.. I have a Gen 3, so its a little different. From what I remember there a pretty big difference between the 88's and the 94's.. Not much room really to fit.

Were breaking in the motor N/A right now. I will post pics soon. :)

When you get that done...I'll need a ride.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats, I have to go now. I feel an 'itch' coming on

Ted

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simms, can you post a pic of your gages layout?
thanks!

Yes. Let me dig some up, they are all over the place.:D

My factory voltage and fuel level gages were replaced with fuel pressure and wide band. The two factory gages were relocated to the center/rear glove box (whatever that is called).

My boost is on top of the steering column in a univeral gage pod (also has water/**** light and shift light).

I've had the dual gage pod sitting around for years. So I decided to put and two EGT sensors in there for the heck of it (must be the diesel guy in me).

All gages Autometer phantom series, they match very well but are a little brighter at night than the factory gages.

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V10TT,
I found some old pics, but nothing has changed other than the dual pillar pod. Line-lock switch is in my ash tray, water/**** purge is in the crotch cooler (vent under steering column), and my boost switch an aircraft/nitrous switch for now.

6316115-1553_IMG.JPG

6316115-1552_IMG.JPG

6316115-1554_IMG.JPG

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting ready (read that as saving the money) to do a twin turbo setup.

So the question is....

Is the intake system seperate from the turbos to the manifold or do they mix in the intercooler?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm getting ready (read that as saving the money) to do a twin turbo setup.

So the question is....

Is the intake system seperate from the turbos to the manifold or do they mix in the intercooler?

The air path is into Airfilters, Turbo compressor, leaving turbo under boost going to intercooler. Ic to Throttle bodies with Blow Off Valves attached. TBs through intake into cyl and then exhausted through manifolds into Turbo's turbine portion. Out of turbine and exiting through exhaust.

I think that's about as simple as it can get? Hope that's the info you wanted?

Ted

Frankster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The air path is into Airfilters, Turbo compressor, leaving turbo under boost going to intercooler. Ic to Throttle bodies with Blow Off Valves attached. TBs through intake into cyl and then exhausted through manifolds into Turbo's turbine portion. Out of turbine and exiting through exhaust.

I think that's about as simple as it can get? Hope that's the info you wanted?

Ted

I probly wasn't clear in what I was after.

I looks like the system is configured as follows.....

Sitting in the drivers seat we referance

Right side intake path = Intake Filter - Turbo - Intercooler - Manifold - Left bank of cyliders.

Left side intake path = Intake Filter - Turbo - Intercooler - Manifold - Right bank of cyliders.

So then it looks like you have two individual intake paths with them not being connected to each other.

I was thinking there might be a crosstube between turbos on the pressurized side but I didn't see one. So that leaves the intercooler to do any crossover. Maybe you have two seperate intercoolers or one intecooler but with separate air paths for each side of the system?

The reason for the question is technical in the sense that if a twin turbo system has seperate air paths then if one turbo has a slightly different or maybe a reduced output then the pressures won't be the same between the seperate air paths. That could mean one side of the engine gets more boost than the other.

When I install my twin turbo system I'm going to make sure the pressurized sides of the turbo outputs are connected to each other somehow. I'm thinking either a crossover tube or a common intercooler where pressure outputs from the two turbos can equalize.

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe he's more interested in an equalizer tube becaues the intake is a right and left side. Do you have an equalizer tube bewteen the sides to equalize the pressure throughout the engine?

Ted

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe he's more interested in an equalizer tube becaues the intake is a right and left side. Do you have an equalizer tube bewteen the sides to equalize the pressure throughout the engine?

Ted

No equalizer tube. I've never seen one on any TT viper (this includes 5 different tuner setups I have seen).

I did see one setup (years ago) that took both sides and combined them together before the intercooler, and then seperated again after the intercooler right before the TB's. However, the plumbing was not as clean as what you typically see today.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
both turbos feed into the innercooler and pressureize that then out and into the throttle bodies. If one turbo is putting out more than the other it will not matter as they both feed the innercooler

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
V10TT,
I found some old pics, but nothing has changed other than the dual pillar pod. Line-lock switch is in my ash tray, water/**** purge is in the crotch cooler (vent under steering column), and my boost switch an aircraft/nitrous switch for now.

6316115-1553_IMG.JPG

6316115-1552_IMG.JPG

6316115-1554_IMG.JPG

Simms that is a very clean setup. Where did you get that CF piece for the speedo+tachometer?

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you can and have one available, can you please post a picture without the front bumper on showing the FMIC setup!

'Trust'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sick sick. That is the goal for mine, the last car was 800RWHP, so stepping into a stock GTS was an 'adjustment'. Looks wicked man, you even have my wheel choice! I love the gauge placement as well. Did you get the center console piece around the HVAC/shifter/radio covered, or is it faux CF?

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sick sick. That is the goal for mine, the last car was 800RWHP, so stepping into a stock GTS was an 'adjustment'. Looks wicked man, you even have my wheel choice! I love the gauge placement as well. Did you get the center console piece around the HVAC/shifter/radio covered, or is it faux CF?

Thanks!:2tu:

It's not wrapped. It real carbon fiber but its a stick on overlay. I got it YEARS ago, starting to brown slightly.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome car, looks great lowered....I too think the valve covers look great with the polished intake tubes....does anyone currently sell those valve covers?

Does Sean sell them?

Thanks!

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome car, looks great lowered....I too think the valve covers look great with the polished intake tubes....does anyone currently sell those valve covers?

Does Sean sell them?

Thanks!

Thanks! As far as I know, the valve covers are no longer made. A gentleman did them on the side, and they were not cheap.

Contact JonB, he may still have a set laying around.

GViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks beautiful.
Not to hijack a thread, but I had a couple of questions.
How strong is the factory trans and clutch?
At what power level do they need to be replaced?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten