pics of my 14" Roe brake kit

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 14" Roe front brake kit arrived!

You must be registered for see images

I also bought a Roe front facia kit to instal.

The brake kit comes with everthing, even tiedowns. The rotors are lightweight (saves 9# per corner) with aluminium hats. The connecting fins are curved for better cooling. SS brakelines, pads. I bought this kit to upgrade the 13" lightweight rotors that came on my car (Eradispeed). Might as well make the car stop better than a Gen 3. The whole idea os modifications is to make the car better than stock and having all the power in the world needs all the braking possible.

You must be registered for see images

I always drive defensively, but if there's going to be an accident in my future, I'd rather it's because the guy behind me could only come up with half the braking I have (that way he pays, not me). The idea is to prevent accidents and not get any damage to MY car.

I only paid $1500 for the complete kit! I found a similar kit that was $2500, so I jumped on the Roe kit. Thanks Sean! Since he didn't ship it UPS or USPS I recieved the kit fast and no COD with extra hundreds of dollars for BS 'brokerage charges' (so far).

My 'older' car is only getting better and better.

Ted

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I almost went the same route. I ended up going with Daves because he offers a complete system for the front and rear with a proportion valve for my 96. And bought Stoptech rotors from JonB. Hopefully you can balance your system with there kit. :)

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The other brake kti I looked at seemed exactly the same pieces and parts, just an extra $1,000 to get it.

Since I didn't upgrade the rear rotors (they're the 44mm ABS ones stock) all I do is remove the spring from the proportioning valve so the rears get more pressure. I already have lightweight slotted and crossdrilled rear rotors and upgraded pads. Probably only a slight increase in braking over what I had, but ...

The new calipers are Brembo. I think the old ones were also Brembos.

Ted

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe your car is going to stop better than a Gen III.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You left out the most important component. What kind of pads are you using?

Nice kit BTW. Those rotors look like a spare set I have that I have no hat for. Gotta make it up the Jacksonville sometime to see if they are Roe disc.

red heat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the Roe big brake upgrade kit for years. No more brake fade on the track. no matter how fast I go on the track, no matter how hard I brake....no problems. when I first experienced brake fade and saw my life come before my eyes, the brake upgrade was a no brainer.

no regrets in purchasing the roe upgrade (I use PFC pads)

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much more susceptible are the lightweight rotors to warping &/or cracking than stock rotors? Anybody have information on this?

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weight saving come from the center of the rotor ( hat) being cast iron on a 1 piece rotor to being aluminum on a 2 pieces rotor.
They should be less susceptible to craking/warping ( as long that you stay away from cross-drilled rotors) than stock
luc 00GTS

How much more susceptible are the lightweight rotors to warping &/or cracking than stock rotors? Anybody have information on this?

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't believe your car is going to stop better than a Gen III.

I think my car stopped faster than a Gen 3 without the 14" brakes because the Gen 3's come with runcraps and those tires have NO traction compared to the PS1/s. But since they put bigger brakes on the Gen 3 - installing the bigger, lighter, slotted brakes onto my Gen 2 means it'll stop faster. Better pads than a Gen 3, lighterbrakes (40#), lighter wheels and better tires it HAS to stop faster, probably by by a significant margin.

Ted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Masterofzen