Pics of my new SSG/Black Coupe

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Received it last Sunday. Weather still *****, but got it out for a few cloudy day pics today. You can't really see the pearl tones with the lack of sun. This is my 15th Viper from John at Roanoke....and as always, a great experience!! Car arrived to Roanoke on Friday...I had it Sunday A.M. in the Atlanta area.

I ordered the car with Razor wheels, but switched them out with a set of powdercoated 5 spokes from one of my '06 cars. I have been a black wheel guy for 10 years now...can't stand shiny! I might black chrome a set of the Razors though..those wheels look great. Also replaced the emblems with black all around. Will give some driving impressions later.

You must be registered for see images

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think SSG will replace red as the new color you associate a Viper with. Thoses wheels look awesome, the only way the razors might work for me is if they were black. Congrats!

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that i like.... Even the Wifey said "Thats nice" as it opened up.......

Next on the list then.....

Congrats

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow that Viper is TIGHT!!!

I can't get over how those wheels just show off the color even more

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AJ,
Beautiful car!! You have good taste,lol....I will be switching my razors out for 6 spoke HREs(546s) when I get my car:D...Love the black lettering too.Thanks for posting the pics,it will ease the pain of not having mine yet....Lots of Luck with it:headbang:Kevin

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stunning . . . the black rims work really well with the green and black stripes. The slate interior looks very classy.

Question: how much did it cost you to powdercoat your rims black? I am thinking about powdercoating a set of Sidewinder rims white.

/Rich

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my first viper last year from John and he is a great guy. I really don't think he gets enough recognition on this board. I have never heard a complaint about him.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the positives!! This car is a world of difference, night and day to the '06. Smoothness(a word?), POWER, precision, POWER, tranny + clutch, did I say POWER? This car is sooo cool...and I have owned over 30 Vipers total since '92. And let me tell you...Vipers always get some attention, but this SSG car gets more than any Viper I have driven in 10 years. Has to be the color. Reminds me of the early years when no one had ever seen one in person. Well...not quite, but close.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stunning . . . the black rims work really well with the green and black stripes. The slate interior looks very classy.

Question: how much did it cost you to powdercoat your rims black? I am thinking about powdercoating a set of Sidewinder rims white.

/Rich

I do alot of stuff with a local guy, and I believe I paid about $250 for the powdercoating. And it is an exceptional job. A couple of guys on this site have requested his info, and have had wheels done by him as well.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my first viper last year from John and he is a great guy. I really don't think he gets enough recognition on this board. I have never heard a complaint about him.

You are spot on. In addition to the 15 Vipers that we have done together, I have purchased over 10 "regular" vehicles from John. Not one problem...ever. He also takes my cars back when I am done, and always works out a more than fair deal on the swaps. Every time.

Samurai004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well at least something is green on your yard (Just kidding). I saw the pics and thought, "Man, he must be in Atlanta or somewhere close." Then I checked your location and sure enough...Atlanta.

Beautiful car though. Hope you enjoy it immensely, it will definitely turn some heads!

Seriously, good luck with the drought and the water supply.

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the positives!! This car is a world of difference, night and day to the '06. Smoothness(a word?), POWER, precision, POWER, tranny + clutch, did I say POWER? This car is sooo cool...and I have owned over 30 Vipers total since '92. And let me tell you...Vipers always get some attention, but this SSG car gets more than any Viper I have driven in 10 years. Has to be the color. Reminds me of the early years when no one had ever seen one in person. Well...not quite, but close.
Thanks for the PICS I Hadn't seen the Gray interior which I also ordered on my SSG. Wheres the FGT?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang