Plant tour and drawing

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Ohio club went on the CAAP tour today. Red SRT's everywhere. Blacks just starting down the line, black will look great on the cars. They are still in a very slow period, building about 5 motors and cars a day. None shipped yet, still verifying that everything is being done just right. The car gets more impressive every time I see it and I was originally against it altogether. Once again the people at the plant were all really nice and informative, except for the normal yearly Buckeyes/Michigan rivalry, and Ohio will Kick butt again this year.
We followed up the tour with a trip to the Chrysler Headquarters building to attend the drawing. Fabulous building, very impressive and all of the people from VCA were great. Only problem, was none of us had our name drawn, They called George at his work number, "sorry, not in yet", it was 11:05 PST, they then called his home, "sorry, privacy manager does not recognize this number". I'll bet he regrets that one. Any way, the raffle car is not built yet, they are not sure when it will be built or what the final theme will be for the paint.
Another great day with more benefits of being a VCA MEMBER!

OP
OP
V

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They requested no camera's, but I did see a couple in there. We were in very small groups, only 4 people in my group. It was nice to tour the facility again and they did treat us very nicely. The Chrysler Headquarters was really cool. It was designed so that it could be transformed into a mall in case the corporation had to abandon the facility, again, no cameras.

ABADASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to schedule a plant tour last week and was told by Silvia no tours till January. Who do you have to talk to to set up a trip to the plant. We have SRTS on order and some have not seen the car in person yet.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get so excited about the Ohio State/Michigan prediction. I'll give you credit for the 37 yard touchdown on 4th and 1 but you play like that again and you'll be out of the BCS and we'll both watch Iowa in the Rose Bowl.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There will be a big Illinois group going to Detroit for the auto show. Part of the trip will be a visit to CAAP, so if you want to go get a hold of one of the members. Last year they had someone from Germany join the group!

OP
OP
V

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess we need to give credit to our new president to be, Terry Bosserman, for having the tenacity to keep on Sylvia and everyone at CAAP to keep our tour on schedule. They told us that we were only the second group to go through.

95Viper: You are right about that call. The Buckeyes need to pick up the game a little bit, Purdue should not have been so tough if we are going to go all the way, as usual, the Michigan game is the only one that matters.