Please help. Keys locked on trunk

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any way to get into the trunk of a 2003 viper? I'm at a racing event an while grabbing my helmet I dropped my keys in the trunk on accident. Is there any way to get the trunk open? Please give me a call if you know a way. I can verify vin number of you want to show I really have the car and am not some ******* trying to steal a car

OP
OP
N

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is in the same boat as I am, feel free message me. A fellow member really helped me out and I was able to get into the truck, get my keys, and continue my event.

I was at a standing 1/2 mile event in Carrabelle, FL. I didn't get many early runs in because of the key incident, but in the afternoon, I was running a consistant 140mph with a high of 142. I have a stock 03 with header-back magnaflow system. I will make a post later with some pictures.

Thank you again for the help from this site.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
See parallel thread:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/652966-Paging-Steve-Indy

Sadly, THREE such cases have occurred in one Generation or another Viper over the past THREE DAYS...and solutions are different...and there are some cases where there is no easy "trick".

AS I HAVE POSTED IN THE PAST..."BE PREPARED" !!!

"From an old post of mine in Sept. 2009...as related to PREVENTION:

ATTENTION: ALL Viper Owners...PLEASE...

PLEASE by SURE that you have TWO FULL sets of keys (TEST to be SURE that they work for YOUR Viper), and TWO fully functional key fobs (TEST to be SURE that they work for YOUR Viper)...AND, consider carrying YOUR spare key(s) and fob with you each time you go anywhere in your Viper. (and YES, I carry spare batteries for said fobs).

It is far easier to lock your keys in your trunk (all years of roadsters and convertibles), in the "hatch" area of coupes, or in the Viper's cockpit (Gen II, III, and IV) than most people realize. Many (or MOST) of us have been locked out at one time or another...so you might want to benefit from our mistakes rather than test the system yourself.

While there are some non-damaging "tricks" that can help in certain situations...there are some more troublesome "solutions" in other years and models...and that assumes that you can find someone who can/will help you.

If this sounds a bit like a lecture...it is...but it is offered in good faith solely to make YOUR Viper ownership more pleasurable and hassle free.

Plan ahead, be prepared!!!

(Moderators...is there any way we could make this a "sticky" in the Gen I & II and Gen III & IV sections??? Thanks!!) "​

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32