Poll: Gas mileage

wcollera

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are you worried about gas mileage just drive the car and fill it up before it burps. just drive the car!!!
eek.gif

SERPENT INDIANA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Checked the mileage on a 2000 GTS I owned once...long trip, interstate, 75-85mph with a couple of short bursts to 135mph in the mountains of Kentucky....got just a hair over 20MPG....have had 6 Vipers and lots of miles, but this is the only time I ever checked mileage on any of them...was just curious.....

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmmm, I haven't had over 10mpg on any tank, trip, city, anything......

last night at Milan Dragway I had over a half tank, just over.
ran 15 1/4 mile passes, and I was bone dry ( at least indicated bone dry, which I realize has a huge car to car variance), truly thought I was in trouble getting to a gas station.

For the sake of a calculation that's around a mile per run, 1/4 to slow down and half back to do it all over again.
15 miles/ approx 10 gallons =
crying.gif

I don't want to think about it anymore..... who started this one anyways?

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2 hour each way monthly trip home is about 15 mpg.

Normally about 10.5 or 10 mpg.

Between driving to Milan and dragging, I was down to 1/4. I filled up after work on went straight to the track...

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been averaging between 13 and 15MPG in town, and that went up to 21MPG when I took a longer (120 mile)trip, with only a few spirited romps along the way.

Gas cost is actually one of the cheaper expenses of this car, and it's money well spent for the fun you get in return.

-Dean.

BIRD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a 93 and now a 01 and never get more than 200 miles out a tank no matter how or where I drive.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got 22mpg on my way home from Dallas. I think I usually average around 13mpg otherwise. The gas station is one of the more fun places to stop 'cause everyone wants to look and ask questions. Especially in MS.

S

SUN RA KAT

City 13-16 MPG.

Highway 22-25 MPG.

The above mileage was with Belanger headers, Random Tech ultra high flow cats, Corsa 3" cat back, lightweight flywheel, Sean Roe smooth tubes with S&B air filters.

I've installed the Sean Roe VEC1 and have the settings adjusted to +12/-20. There is a nice increase in power and my gas mileage is less than it was. But I don't care.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think I get 10 gals to the mile. Not bad, if you give a rats @ss.
Just kidding, I don't know and I don't care. It's usually a question I get from a neon owner.
When it gets down to that little do ma hickey on the left, filler up! Then push the GO PEDDLE HARD!
TJ

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy if I get 200 miles out of a tank. love the sound at high RPM. Can't just cruise in the thing. OH well!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
98 GTS ( sold ) 23mpg on the highway
Current car ---- 21-22 Hwy
Archer Headers, catback exhaust , alum. flywheel, 2000 GTS

Just got in a 2001 from a 65 yr old gentleman who swears he normally got 27 mpg on the highway at 70-80mph. Figured at first he drove around 55-60 and when I suggested this, he laughed and said, " I may be a little older than you , but I still run down the road pretty **** fast!" I stood corrected.

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
geeeeeeez i get 8 miles to the gallon around town and around 18 or 19 on the highway. overall the most ive ever gotten to the tank was 172 miles or so with a mix of highway and city.

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never get less than 200 miles per tank. I know I have gotten 300 and change before but dunno what the best is.

Wait I lied, my first tank I only got 5 mpg.
laugh.gif

S

SUN RA KAT

Dr E - "Sun - What are S&B air filters?"

Sean Roe sells these at www.roeracing.com. They are like the K&N reuseable air filters except better (deeper pleats = more area to filter air with).

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With 3:45 gears I get 24 on the highway 70 to 80 mph and 12 to 13 in the city. This is my econmy vehicle when I have to drive to work compared to my truck.

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can squeeze about 26 to 27 mpg out of the car on a trip in 6th gear at about 70 mph (not many hills in northern Indiana or southern Michigan and fairly straight highways). You are only running at about 1250 rpms at that speed, and in 6th gear, gas mileage goes way up, but you gotta stay off the gas as much as possible, no accepting challenges from every little ricer that comes up, or that '92 Oldsmobile 4 ****** that always seems to be around revving his engine, looking for a new challenge. However, take it out in 4th gear and at 70 you are turning a lot more rpm's, so mileage goes down quickly. Around town, about 12 to 15 mpg is about right. Take it to the Gingerman race track and you will find the mileage goes to he!! in a handbasket, but so what, it's a blast driving the car the way it should be driven.
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
22 Hwy.
Around town I have no idea.

My bill for gas is about $300 a month. Just glad I do NOT have a car payment on top of that.

Oh yea that is right I actually DRIVE my car.
cool.gif