POLL... If you have ordered an SRT-10...

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by C O D Y:
Craig,
I'm sure Jerry did not mean Hotwheels.

Keeping the Gen II GTS.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the Hel_l was that for? What did I do to you to pis$ you off?

I think that was pretty unwarranted as anyone who knows anything can see I'm speaking for my father who does not post here. Geez, I thought I get a pretty good amount of respect here and holds true.. except for you, is this how you treat everyone who shows interest in your car or does their interest in your car expand your pompous ego?

Would it be permissible if I RENEWED my VCA membership? Could you take me seriously then? I'm not some 16 year old kid you know.

I dunno maybe you found it funny but I think it was a pretty ******* comment

TRAMP 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
will also wait and see how the new car looks and drive before I decide to sell my 99 RT .hope to win lotto so I can keep both.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Poll Jer. I'm keeping the GTS and REALLY looking forward to my new CONVERTIBLE too! Currently looking for a good driving school that can teach me to drive BOTH cars at the same time!!!
grazy.gif

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'00 RT/10: "Sold" but awaiting my buyer's arrival next week

'02 Final ed: Expected in 2 weeks & will be kept a long time

'03 SRT: Will only be kept if it blows my socks off (and if I find 9" of extra garage width to dedicate)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a really good poll. And it demonstrates what I've been saying in some other threads. With the exception of our Mr. Ferguson, an officer and a gentleman of some distinction in the Viper community, and a Viper nut beyond compare, the GTS owners are holding and the RT10 owners are selling. Possible exception being ToddT, I could not tell fom his comment whether he bought or not. What this demonstrates is that the anger over the new car, and the other poll is bearing this out, is coming from the GTS owner who wanted a new COUPE. And by the way they intoduced Gen 2 in 1996 DC may have led us to believe it would happen that way again, especially after the comp. coupe came out. I really wish the mods. could *** up a formal poll that would do exactly what this one is doing. Demonstrate that in the great majority GTS owners want a coupe. If a poll were to be limited to only RT10 owners I predict that's where we would find our 1000 SRT10 buyers! Then other poll is drawing negative GTS nonbuyers 4 to 1.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good poll.

I do not think as Lee does that it shows anything. If you do not like the SRT then you wouldn't have ordered one so you would not show up on the radar screen of this poll.

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It also shows that there may not be a large influx of GTS's on the market when the SRT-10 arrives. Although there are very few responses here.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee thanks for the nice words and a good "interpretation" of what MAY transpire in the Viper crystal ball???

If you take all of the passionate comments out, and look at the situation at hand, what you should see is this:

Viper started as a "open-top vehicle",so the natural way to start the second rendition is to stay the same course. (I do not know why, but I have been lead to believe that there is generally a larger market that can justify buying a sporty open-top car rather than a single purposes machine such as the GTS.)

Just like in the beginning of the RT/10, sales and demand are what will dictate if a Coupe version is created (for the street).

The only true difference from the way version #1 was verses the way #2 is being done is that since the VGX chassis was done as a race version rather than a street one, PVO will now offer the Comp Coupe to the "track rats"!

In a nut shell, the only way the "coupe heads" are going to see a new version is based on the success of the SRT/10. So if someone is in need of a top, then they better pray that the SRT/10 is the car that is promised.

Now lets just hope that it all works out.

PIT VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have an 01 GTS (Sapphire/Silver Stripes) with less than 500 miles and a heavily modified 98 RT/10 (Red). Love them both and will not be parting with either. SRT-10 will replace my Porsche as my daily drive.

JCT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
planning to keep the 2000 GTS wwwaaaayyyyy into the future!!! Sold the wifes Prowler and payed down on the SRT. I am very much hoping it will also be worthy of keeper status.