Porter Cable

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any one have a used porter cable polisher they no longer need for sale? I thought I ask before I go buy a new one.
Thanks ;)

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A co-worker just bought one last week and LOVES it. Offered it to me to try out but I haven't taken him up on the offer. He couldn't say enough about it.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want to look at a detail kit, that comes complete with PC, pads and compounds :2tu: That's what I did and am pleased with the results.

Here's a link, use discount coupon "THEJUNKMAN" for an extra 10%
Adam's Polishes - Detail Kits

I used the Junkman kit ~400.00 to restore the paint on my 2003 (not that it was in bad shape, but it did have some swirls). Here's a couple shots of the trunk lid when finished ( I hit it with a dual light and was surpirsed to see how many lights were shining back) :headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered mine along with the Lake Country Pads and backing plate. I'm hoping rthese pads are good quality. Any one try these out?

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered mine along with the Lake Country Pads and backing plate. I'm hoping rthese pads are good quality. Any one try these out?

The Hex-Logic pads are better at cutting and work best on a low powered polisher like the PC-7424XP. The Lake Country pads work better on the Flex and rotary polishers like the Makita 9227C. Adam's sells the Hex-Logic pads.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recommend buying a new one. They are pretty cheap and it's not worth the risk of buying a damaged one.

I have a few in stock and can make up some pretty good deals if anyone's interested.

wes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the PC but moved up to the Flex awhile back and won't look back. Although the PC is good it can't beat the flex on some things.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Flex is amazing! I put a little more time in on the Viper last night. Was demoing the PC for a customer and just had the urge to break out the Flex after, just cause it's so much better!

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the PC but moved up to the Flex awhile back and won't look back. Although the PC is good it can't beat the flex on some things.

That's true to a point, but the PC definitely has its uses. A good detailer will NOT limit themselves to one polisher as one polisher does not address every situation. Also, once your paint has been fully corrected to perfection, you should not have a constant need an aggressive polisher like the Flex. Issues may arrive which call for the Flex but the PC should be all you need after achieving perfect paint. The PC is all I use on my paint. After all, you only have so much clear coat.

Remember, to achieve and maintain perfect paint, you must be practicing a proper wash technique and proper dust removal. Without doing those two things, you will constantly be fixing your paint. That is not a good thing. All you have to do is think about it logically and you will see that it is nothing but common sense.