Possible Solution for Gen 3 Intake Valve Repairs

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would leave all the responsibility with the owner to find a place capable of doing the repair. That is all well and good if you live near a Viper tuner. What about those of us that do not. I would prefer DC to determine acceptable locations and do the planning.

Also, as a side note that may adversely impact the value of the "intake valve" cars as prospective owners would wonder if we did the repair or pocketed the money. I want ALL cars repaired, correctly and with no peripheral damage, so that the intrinsic value of these cars is essentially identical with non-affected cars. Any change in intrinsic value MUST be compensated for.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what do we do if the shop screws up the job? I want DC to fix the car, if they don't do it right the first time, they will do it again until the repair is done properly. It is not my problem to fix, it is DC's.

Reaction score
One option that levels the playing field between the cars shipped and those not shipped is to return the shipped cars to DC for the same fix. This is the best solution. They have fixed over a 100 motors in finished cars. They clearly have the best experience to do the job.

OP
OP
C

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed Fred. I believe they also have a chassis dyno (a real one and not a velocity dyno) and could provide a performance chart with every repair. That would be confirmation and a nice gesture.

Reaction score
Fred, Your idea is one that should satisfy owners ,insure the job is done right and eliminate the probability that affected cars will be viewed negativly on resale. The documentation thru a "certified" dyno run should eliminate any doubts. The down side is obviously time for owners and cost for DC. It would be the "best" money DC ever spent and owners could time things so that it is not to much of an inconvenience. Let's push for it!. Allan.

Reaction score
Allan,

This seems like the only Win-Win solution. Since no damage is being done by continuing to drive the cars, time is on everyone side.

DC has already defined and used a facility with trained techs. We drive our cars this summer and schedule to have them shipped back during the winter for a proper fix. Most of the shipping cost can be offset by dropping ISG, loaner car and the $300.00 Mopar cert.

Seems so logical?