Posting Pictures

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I have been having an impossible time uploading photos onto the website ever since the upgrade. I have tried every conceivable method, to no avail. I have asked select members on the board for help. Nothing has worked. Zero. Here is the problem in a nutshell.

1) I use Norton Anti-virus....I have turned off all protections and any Windows firewalls.
2) I designate a picture to be loaded from my C: drive. The picture then gets uploaded a first time into the part for "processing". The pictures designated appear on the left side, with a green check box next to them asking if these are the pictures I wish to upload. I give the pictures names, keywords, descriptions, etc. No field is left blank.
3) I finally hit the "processing" button and the screen turns grey and in small letters on the bottom left it says "Done".

There is no button to push, no place to go. Just "Done". Pictures are never actually downloaded into the website.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Oh, and wait, I did not stop there. I tried going onto Photobucket. I got my pictures loaded onto that website fine. When I try to use the URL at the bottom of the first screen for uploading, (bottom right of the screen), it photo never goes into the second processing screen.

I am stumped. It should not be so difficult and require so many steps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think you are doing anything wrong PLaw. i just tried to login, but i keep getting an error message. we are getting ready to do the forum change-over, i recommend just holding-off till it happens. it should be happening within a few days.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Note that the galleries are down, but the image links work better than ever before if you image is being uploaded/hosted here. Galleries are being upgraded as well!

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(Said in a Scotty Accent)

Capt.....I don't know how much longer I can hold her together.....

I am a patient man.......the upgrades look very nice so far.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just figured I have gotten about four hours out of the last 40. So with that in mind, nighty night!

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) I designate a picture to be loaded from my C: drive. The picture then gets uploaded a first time into the part for "processing". The pictures designated appear on the left side, with a green check box next to them asking if these are the pictures I wish to upload. I give the pictures names, keywords, descriptions, etc. No field is left blank.
2) I finally hit the "processing" button and the screen turns grey and in small letters on the bottom left it says "Done".

The picture never gets loaded in.

There is no button to push, no place to go. Just "Done". Pictures are never actually downloaded into the website.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) I designate a picture to be loaded from my C: drive. The picture then gets uploaded a first time into the part for "processing". The pictures designated appear on the left side, with a green check box next to them asking if these are the pictures I wish to upload. I give the pictures names, keywords, descriptions, etc. No field is left blank.
2) I finally hit the "processing" button and the screen turns grey and in small letters on the bottom left it says "Done".

The picture never gets loaded in.

i just tried it and it worked for me. hmm..

you said pictures. try one at a time and see what happens. does it do the same thing?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plaw, i am also downloading my pic without putting in any names or descriptions till after the pic is downloaded.

try that too if you would please. LMK.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aye Aye Captain......trying that too.

thanks matey! :D

sorry to put you through all this. i sent an email to chris letting him know about your problems. if he cant fix it, he will refer it to th programmers then i am sure. the more info they have the better in solving your problem.

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ship is going under......still does not work!!

How about this....can anyone else post to my gallery? Just no anti-lawyer stuff please. :)

OP
OP
P

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck, I would give the password over. Then we could see if it is my computer, or narrow it down to something with the website. Most likely dorky operator error.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I am late guys - just found this thread. Hopefully you should both be fixed now, as neither Patent Law or Just A Dream was set up in the primary VCA Member group. And now you are. Hopefully that will fix it.