Problem finding mathing tread in P-zero 20s ... need advice

VIPERMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ordered my HREs 847R in 20s from partsrack.
At the beginning i was told that we will be able to match the tread by having P-zero Rosso all over 285/30/20 and 345/25/20. Today i received my wheel and I had a huge disappointing surprise the front tires are 275/30/20 P-zero Nero !!

I have two questions:
1- Is the unmatched tread a big deal ?
2- The speed rating on the Rosso is 100y and on the nero is 97y what does this mean exactly ?

The height is the same and the look from the side also the same since all the tags are in black.

Your input on this issue is appreciated.

Thanks

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pirelli makes a 285/30/20 front in the P-Zero Rosso but I believe it has the red logos. According to Pirelli's website it is not uncommon to see an assimetrical rear tire and then a directional front tire, but the Nero is neither. In my opinion I would rather see red tags on the front than unmatched tread.

The 100 and 97 are just the load rating, it refers to the load the tire can carry and almost all tires sizes are different. The Y is the speed rating, which means the tires are good to 186mph.

OP
OP
V

VIPERMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brian,

Thank you for the advice.

The reason I did not get my original 285/30/20 is because they are out of stock in tire rack.

I am gonna see if I can send them back and look somewhere else for Rossos.