Protecting the A/C Condenser

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This time of year in southern Florida is 'love bug' mating season (aka honeymoon fly, kissingbug or double-headedbug), with the flies swarming mostly it seems on highways adjacent to farmlands. So bad they can cover the front of any vehicle almost entirely with bug splat in a matter of a few miles. To minimize the impact of bugs and such on my A/C condenser that sits in front of the radiator, I place a piece of black anodized aluminum screening in front of it. Easy to do, and can't see it unless you stick your face down there. Simply cut a piece to suit, roll it up, slide it in behind the front facia cross hairs, and unfold against the condenser. Not only does it prevent bug splat from clogging the condenser, it more importantly prevents the condenser fins from getting hammered by rocks and such. Done this on most my vehilces and it works well.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pix of the bugs too please!

note the red/yellow peace
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

we have them in :tx: too

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got it.

Wow what a mess....I've only seen concentrations like that when flyfishing during a hatch!

OP
OP
G

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For thsoe that asked, here are some 'screenshots' :rolaugh: Note that the screen is not flush against the condenser whtich helps its effectiveness in abasorbing debris energy. This screen is virtually invisible in-person.

mail3.jpg

mail_2.jpg

mail.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi