PROWLER HOOD?

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Years ago, when I was in this club, I noticed a lot of Viper owners had Prowlers too. Actually I became a duel owner as well.
Her I go again.
I just pulled the trigger on a Prowler. It has a custom hood, but I'm not sure I want to keep it.
Anyone know where I could find a stock 2000 Plymouth Prowler hood?
BillyC

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Years ago, when I was in this club, I noticed a lot of Viper owners had Prowlers too. Actually I became a duel owner as well.
Her I go again.
I just pulled the trigger on a Prowler. It has a custom hood, but I'm not sure I want to keep it.
Anyone know where I could find a stock 2000 Plymouth Prowler hood?
BillyC

Try VPA. I know of some people that have gotten prowler parts form them. Otherwise Don Scharf might have them as well.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great group of people at www.prowleronline.com

The Viper Club of America not only owns all the past Viper tooling but also all the Prowler tooling. So it is in safe hands.:)

If you need any parts make sure and check VPA first.

They are GREAT cars.

OP
OP
T

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great group of people at www.prowleronline.com

The Viper Club of America not only owns all the past Viper tooling but also all the Prowler tooling. So it is in safe hands.:)

If you need any parts make sure and check VPA first.

They are GREAT cars.

Yes, you are correct. I checked and it is available in primer, and that's a good thing since it will be painted SSG.
BillyC

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you guys compare driving the Prowler versus the Viper? Obviously, there is some performance difference... I mean - the Prowler has a different VIBE altogether, right? I would love to get one. Curious when I would choose one car over the other. Mood perhaps?

OP
OP
T

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
count me in as a double owner.

You must be registered for see images

Thanks, Glad to hear there are still car folk out there with mental health issues.
Do we still get the MH discount at the gas station?
I also own 4 boats and get a MH discount at West Marine (NOT!) - LOL

OP
OP
T

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you guys compare driving the Prowler versus the Viper? Obviously, there is some performance difference... I mean - the Prowler has a different VIBE altogether, right? I would love to get one. Curious when I would choose one car over the other. Mood perhaps?

I have owned two other Vipers (RT-10 w/600hp, 2005 SRT- 10 conv. w/650hp) and one SRT-10 Pickup truck(w/750hp), besides the present Green Thing.
Plus one other Prowler.
But I have only driven them stock for a very short time (days).
Here's the difference IMHO.
They are both not easy to enter and exit. But no complaints. Lambos have the same "problem".
Viper has more positive steering, especially at 130 mph.
Vipers get more looks of admiration and attention as a whole.
Prowlers tend to get more looks of *** is that? The older folks (me) like the Hot Rod look.
Kids love them all.
Women - Most do not have a clue. One of my many ex-wives got into an arguement with a guy in a restaurant that told his buddy "look at that red Viper in the parking lot."
I told her that it was a viper, not a corvette and the night got worse from there. - LOL
Which one to drive? That's a real problem. I can decide which ex-wife to service quicker. No, seriously.

SLViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Prowler is slightly less practical than the Viper, But a blast to drive on a sunny day! You can relax, no need to race anyone, it's not that fast. ( it is quick though, sounds cool and handles well) Good stock stereo and you can park just about anywhere without fear of door dents because of it's narrow body shape. Biggest reason to own both? Wife will enjoy driving it too.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prowler is slightly less practical than the Viper, But a blast to drive on a sunny day! You can relax, no need to race anyone, it's not that fast. ( it is quick though, sounds cool and handles well) Good stock stereo and you can park just about anywhere without fear of door dents because of it's narrow body shape. Biggest reason to own both? Wife will enjoy driving it too.

Sadly, my wife AND my daughter both didn't like the looks of the Prowler. I guess you need to be a 'hot rod' type to appreciate it.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't sold on the Prowler until I went to CAAP and saw them being built. My first time at the plant was in '99 (I think). They were doing silver Prowlers, except there were 4 black/red two tone Prowlers on the line (Woodward Editions). They were prototypes waiting for approval.

They are an engineering marvel. That's what sold me on it. After seeing how they were engineered, I had to have one. I'm partial to sapphire blue so I found a Mulholland that had been sitting on a dealer's showroom for over a year.

I had a conversation a couple years ago with Tom Gale. The Prowler was actually a learning experience in aluminium. The Prowler's aluminum frame is still the largest machined part in automotive history. The Prowler's DNA is in the new SRT vehicles.

http://www.drivesrt.com/news/2012/12/heritage-prowler-was-a-vehicle-ahead-of-its-time.html

Great car. Two years ago my friend David and I took it on a Route 66 trip... all the way to the Santa Monica Pier. What a trip. Stayed in West Hollywood for a few days, went up the coast on the Pacific Coast Highway to San Luis Obisbo for a couple of days, then to Las Vegas, and caught Route 66 again to head back home. Put almost 6,000 miles on her. Only problem was the tire pressure monitor system. When the outside temp read over 106 degrees it would go off. Otherwise, the kitty ran purrrrfectly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4