Prowler wheels on a viper ?

VIPERMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys,
I know this might sound a little odd, I was walking yesterday and a had a close look at one parked prowler, I tried to picture its rimes on a viper and the idea grew on my mind ... I am considering putting a set of 20" chrome on my 2000 RT/10.
Has anybody done something similar before ?

I know that the bolt pattern is the same and that the factory tires are 285 and would fit perfect on the front but what I am wondering is would I be able to adapt 345 tires on the rear?

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The prowler uses a 5 bolt wheel and the viper uses a 6 bolt wheel.You can use the wheels from a dakota or durango on your viper:)think of the possibilities

TriJim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just checked the driveway and there are 5 lug nuts on the Prowler wheels and 6 on the Viper. Hope this helps.

Tom -- we must have been typing at the same time, but you beat me to the punch.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Prowler as well and there is no way that I would "chariotize" the Viper in that way......besides the lugs are wrong, one has 5 and the other 6.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dakota wheels fit a Viper? I need some drag wheels, any 18" Dakota wheel will work? Blows my mind if so. Too bad they didn't come in that size from the factory....but the after market!

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there was a pic over at the Alley where a guy put Prowler side mirrors on a Viper. It looked pretty dang sharp.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1828redrt-med.jpg

err..umm :crazy: Well the wing looks nice!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A previous friend of mine wanted the same thing. He made those Prowler wheels fit. He just cut the studs off the Viper welded the wheel to the hub, problem solved. Good luck.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A previous friend of mine wanted the same thing. He made those Prowler wheels fit. He just cut the studs off the Viper welded the wheel to the hub, problem solved. Good luck.

please tell me you are joking, that doesn't seem safe at all.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

please tell me you are joking, that doesn't seem safe at all.

Safe??? What could be safer than a wheel welded to the hub? You never have to worry about tightening the lugs or the wheel coming off. Flats are kind of a b*tch though.

C'mon Craig. You know me well enough.

BTW another friend of mine just drilled an extra hole in the Prowler wheels and kind of made slotted holes out of the other holes. The studs take a few washers but man does his Viper look the bomb now.