PTK TT Vid

davem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking setup, really clean work.

You may find that you will need to create a "balance tank" at the top of your IC. I made my intercooler the same way you have made yours initially, and while logging boost on both plenums during dyno tuning, I found that boost varied back and forth between the plenums 1 to 1.5 pounds. This is due to the fact that your right turbo is driving the left side of the engine and vice versa through the crossover intake manifold.

Making the top side of the IC one large "balance" tank fixed this. If you look at all the other turbo kits on the market they have done the same.

Hope this helps if you find you have the same problem.

good luck,
Dave.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if you make a gen 3 mail away kit pleaseeeee i mean prettty pleasssssse let me know.

vd..

ps with sugar on top please

davem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Len,
I was running 7 psi. I initially thought it was the Tial wastegates, I took them off and tested them and they opened about 1 psi apart. So I sent them back and Tial admitted they were out of spec. However, when they came back, they did the same thing. According to Tial, it was the first time Tial's had been put on a twin setup, maybe they have improved their matching since then.

This imbalance in cracking/opening pressures may be why I needed the balance tank. I'm glad your not seeing the problem, I chased this for 3/4 months before I was able to resolve it.

Again, you guys did a great job! Keep us posted on your results.

-Dave.