Pujols gone!

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck to him. He's a great player

Now we might be able to get another good starting pitcher and a good short stop. I actually think out team will be better. One man does not make a team.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good for him- but california is broke and thier ball league just bucked up that much- does that make economic sense for america?

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard to argue his decision. The $$ wasn't just a little bit more than the Cardinals offered. I think the Cardinals will be better off this way. My question is, what is the ownership group going to do with all that money they just saved? They had better SPEND it wisely. There could be a fan rebellion if they pocket it and you know ticket prices aren't coming down!

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the long run it will be good for the Cards and bad for LA. 10 year contract to someone his age... Over a quarter of a billion dollars... Come on... I wonder if there are any "outs" for LA if he gets hurt? Probably not or he would not have done it. I think he reached his peak a couple years ago and is on the downside--now his downside is probably a lot better than many players upside, but not tens of millions better. Stupid move. When will those execs learn? Of course, they may make it up with ticket sales, but who knows...

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heck i will play like you never saw before from a player for 200k

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heck i will play like you never saw before from a player for 200k
Yeah, they could have hired me for half of what they paid him. lol

Furcal got a two year deal today.
I was glad to see that. He did a nice job. Now, get another GOOD starting pitcher.

You know Berkman just became the clubhouse leader, if he wasn't already anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave