Pulled over on Christmas

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So its about 8:00 PM Christmas night on a two lane country road about 15 miles from my house. Coming home from the kids house in the Viper I come up on a white Charger going 60 in a 55. I follow him for a mile or so and I wanted to drive faster... no one around out in the middle of no where so I pass him only to see CHP in two foot tall letters on the side of the car no markings on the rear. Now I don't want to but I complete the pass and the red light come on right away. Now Janis is laughing at me for being a bone head as I pull over. The cop comes up with a grin on his face and says don't ever pass a cop already going over the speed limit. Then he ask why did I pass him? I told him I've got nothing he laughed and said Merry Christmas and took off like a rocket. I drove home 55.

Glen

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woops! :D I hate those unmarked cars, we have loads of them in the UK, not just one particular make or model either :( they are really hard to spot. I guess the Officer was in a good mood, glad you got away with it ;)

Happy New Year :drive:

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of our umnarked are Chevy's and especially at night I stick close to the speed limit. They get you coming or going !!! It's nice to hear he had some humour.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your one meaningful Christmas present................. I got tagged on the way to Tahoe 55 in a 45 and I took my Camary to fly under the radar. Cost me$330 with traffic school etc. I do remember passing a car that was rubber necking at grapes in Sonoma I finally got to a passing lane and hit it to go around him. Over the crest comes a CHP and swings a 180 and pulls me over a few miles up the road. He told me 80 in a 55 was not allowed I told him I didn't realize I was going that fast. He said in a Viper? I din't have much to say except that I was just trying to get around that guy. He then told me to keep my speeding on the track. I told him I understand what you mean. He gave me my license back and left. A break for sure. I then found out later that he loved to drag race and was out at the track on Wed. night for Top the Cops event. We actually became pretty good friends. He gave me a ride home after I broke my half shaft. I think a lot of these HP guys are really race car drivers in uniforms. I can tell you I won't test him or his buddies I always drive the speed limit in that area it's a true radar trap zone. I feel there radar gun on me all the time on that road. A true money pit for those that don't know the area.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Merry Christmas to Glen!

Stealth white Charger: that's no good. Were you in Calaveras county at the time? I drive Hwy 4 back and forth from the east bay to Copperopolis, and I've been considering whether I need a radar/laser detector. Now I need to eyeball every Charger, too?

Hey, Happy New Year guys!

Rich

OP
OP
Glen97

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Rich,

Just coming into Calaveras county on Liberty road. There is a CHP station in San Anderas they are all around up here but in 15 years here one ticket and that was in a Kia Rio! I had that baby all the way up to 75.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, not yet, Ive been too busy working :( Im going to mod it before I install it, fitting extra side bars. I should be finished on the job i'm doing mid January, then I will take some time out and get a few things done at home.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So its about 8:00 PM Christmas night on a two lane country road about 15 miles from my house. Coming home from the kids house in the Viper I come up on a white Charger going 60 in a 55. I follow him for a mile or so and I wanted to drive faster... no one around out in the middle of no where so I pass him only to see CHP in two foot tall letters on the side of the car no markings on the rear. Now I don't want to but I complete the pass and the red light come on right away. Now Janis is laughing at me for being a bone head as I pull over. The cop comes up with a grin on his face and says don't ever pass a cop already going over the speed limit. Then he ask why did I pass him? I told him I've got nothing he laughed and said Merry Christmas and took off like a rocket. I drove home 55.

Glen

I'm sure Janis' smile is what got you off, not your charming face :lmao:

Glad you got off with a warning, have a great New Years Eve!!

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
Glen97

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, not yet, Ive been too busy working :( Im going to mod it before I install it, fitting extra side bars. I should be finished on the job i'm doing mid January, then I will take some time out and get a few things done at home.
Looking forward to some pictures when completed.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Glen, that's a great story and a great Christmas present. Thanks for the laugh. See you two next year!