purchase or lease?

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found a 2006 convertible new and the dealer will sell for 72,300.
MSRP is 85940.00 He will also lease foe 72300.00

Is this a car that anyone leases or is it better to buy for sale at a later date? Is this a fair price for the car?

Any input is greatly appreciated:)

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The price is reasonable for a brand new car. Personally, I would suggest you purchase if you plan on keeping the car for more than 2 years and/or doing any mods. If you're the kind of person that doesn't keep cars very long and are unlikely to do mods, go ahead and lease.

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I say purchase!! Then you can say its all yours when paid off.:2tu:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My tax advisor suggested to buy vs lease unless you have tons of money and want to switch exotics every year. With the lease you have mileage constraints and as already mentioned limited in performing mods. I believe once you get the car you will want to enhance its performance in some way. Unless its used as a business wright - off, the residual will cost you more in the end.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I leased one of my Vipers,,,,Had it for 2 years, and I was pleased with how it turned out. For one thing you don't have to worry about how many miles you drive ( i averaged 9k miles a year as a weekend car:D) also no worries about what the market is doing when time to sell............good luck.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you plan to race or compete in your Viper you should buy it b/c you will more than likely modify it. Vipers hold their value very well so you wont see much difference between purch and lease should you decide to sell or trade in a few years. There are some tax advantages to leasing, but I think the fun your Viper will bring you outweighs the few dollars you might save from taxes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte