Put new wheels on the ACR

Boosted Motorsports

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saved some forgeline wheels from their ugly condition and refinished them. Wasn't sure how the bronze would go with the silver stripes but I like the way it all turned out. Bronze is a powdercoat called "triplebronze" and shifts colors in light and dark settings. Looks much lighter in direct sunlight and much darker in the shade. Still keeping my 18" ACR wheels with R comps on them for track duty but these 19" forgelines are actually lighter.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Check out the video for the color shifting in the light.
https://youtu.be/SOVp76x80v0
https://youtu.be/SOVp76x80v0

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boosted, you said, and I quote, "Let me know what you think in the comments below." So here goes......The wheels with the spacers look rice as $hit. Those wheels need to be slightly tucked in son. You need to upgrade the brakes IMO. There is nothing cheesier than POS stock brakes peeking through an even cheesier set of wheels. Those ACR wheels are sweet, and high dollar too. The music is cheese, but I'm not a fan of ANY music in a car video. I'd say to upgrade the exhaust as well, but you have a cream puff ACR so no matter what you put in, it's still gonna sound like a UPS truck.

MtyMous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the car looks great. Fitment is nice. Not exactly my style of wheel but that's always a personal choice. I like how it fills out the fenders. I really enjoy your videos. Keep up the good work

71firebird400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the fitment is great; it's good to see Americans finally recognizing that spacing is critical. I thought the wheels looked much better with the fresh coating but I'm also a fan of the original ACR wheels so either way would work for me. Music/continuity of the video gets the views up and YT is all about the subs so keep up the good work.

For the record; I think it's pretty elitist and rather disrespectful for 96-99 owners to refer to the 00-02 cars as cream puffs when there is a marginal difference in camshaft and next to no change in power. This community is small enough that we should all be able to get along at some level; not take shots because someones car is *slightly* different than someone else's. Sheesh.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Gen 2s are cool, but 96-99 do make 30 hp more than the 00-02, on a Sun dyno, and the hotter cam works better with bolt on stuff, but your right no big deal. cream puffs sounds bad but nobody means anything bad by it, just a name that stuck with the 00-02 motors , and for the record they all make more than the 450 that Dodge claimed:D.

71firebird400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Gen 2s are cool, but 96-99 do make 30 hp more than the 00-02, on a Sun dyno, and the hotter cam works better with bolt on stuff, but your right no big deal. cream puffs sounds bad but nobody means anything bad by it, just a name that stuck with the 00-02 motors , and for the record they all make more than the 450 that Dodge claimed:D.

With so few Vipers made it just doesn't make sense to try to alienate a group based on something so trivial. I know it's "car culture" to try to demean anyone with something different than yourself but that negativity is unnecessary. I wince a little every time I see someone make these dumb comments about the 00-02.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wince a little every time I see someone make these dumb comments about the 00-02.

I have no problems at all with your comment. To the average humanoid making their way from McDonalds to Walmart, ALL Vipers are a spectacle to behold. But they don't have any knowledge of the intricacies that differentiate one generation to the next. Most in our community do though and everybody has their favorite generation. I can't stand CreamPuffs. I don't like Gen 3's either, they get mistaken for Corvettes by the aforementioned humanoids. The Gen 5 paid homage to the Gen 2 (the best looking and most iconic by the way) with very similar design. And mimicry is the best form of flattery as they say. And within the Gen 2 models, it is well known the 96-99 cars are superior from a modification perspective. When I get in my car and crank over the engine, I'm immediately transformed to a time and place where delicate little snowflakes weren't "triggered" or "winced" when they heard something that didn't align with their perfect communal ideas on how society should behave.

71firebird400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no problems at all with your comment. To the average humanoid making their way from McDonalds to Walmart, ALL Vipers are a spectacle to behold. But they don't have any knowledge of the intricacies that differentiate one generation to the next. Most in our community do though and everybody has their favorite generation. I can't stand CreamPuffs. I don't like Gen 3's either, they get mistaken for Corvettes by the aforementioned humanoids. The Gen 5 paid homage to the Gen 2 (the best looking and most iconic by the way) with very similar design. And mimicry is the best form of flattery as they say. And within the Gen 2 models, it is well known the 96-99 cars are superior from a modification perspective. When I get in my car and crank over the engine, I'm immediately transformed to a time and place where delicate little snowflakes weren't "triggered" or "winced" when they heard something that didn't align with their perfect communal ideas on how society should behave.

All I'm saying is that it doesn't make sense to try to divide a group of Viper owners, which is already exceptionally small to begin with, by lobbing insults at an even smaller subset of cars.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I'm saying is that it doesn't make sense to try to divide a group of Viper owners, which is already exceptionally small to begin with, by lobbing insults at an even smaller subset of cars.

Nobody is dividing anybody. Just one guys opinion on an obscure car forum. Boosted is a big boy. I'm sure when he said the words "Let me know what you think in the comments below" that he might get a little negative feedback.

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With so few Vipers made it just doesn't make sense to try to alienate a group based on something so trivial. I know it's "car culture" to try to demean anyone with something different than yourself but that negativity is unnecessary. I wince a little every time I see someone make these dumb comments about the 00-02.
Stop being such a *****. Geez.....

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems juvenile to belittle a generation of cars within a generation when 99.9% of the world wouldn't even recognize the differences :rolaugh:

Theres quite a bit I didn't like about the 96-99 cars. Didn't like the $hitty brakes, the wheel gap, the stock wheels, the stock exhaust, the painted over Viper emblems, the power steering mounting bracket made of pottery clay to name a few.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the record, I enjoy watching helpful videos that show how to fix common problems we face with these cars. I appreciate the time Boosted put into making his videos. But the bottom line here is he completely destroyed them all with that stupid music. The only setting I could possibly imagine that music being played would be a small child's birthday party...with maybe a couple of clowns juggling and making balloons shaped like animals off to the side.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of clowns, anybody know where the clown and his mouse car from the movie Uncle Buck is, I need him for a birthday party.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought to myself, I'm in my mid forties, maybe I'm just out of touch with music these days. So I let my seventeen year old son watch the video to get his opinion, because he pulls no punches. He said, and I quote, "That's cringey". I asked what the hell that means and he said "It's cringe worthy, I cringed when I heard it ********".

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Videos are good. Needs some "Five Finger Death Punch" or "Killswitch Engage" for background music.

MtyMous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the videos. I like the pictures. They're way more "watchable" than most out there. The music is good. It's a lot harder to find good music that isn't going to get flagged for copyright infringement these days. Nothing "cringey" about it to me. Keep the videos coming man.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper