Quaife diff with 3.33 rear gears on ACR?

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was wondering if any of you guys have done this on your ACR? If so how you like it? Thanks..

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was wondering if any of you guys have done this on your ACR? If so how you like it? Thanks..

I am using a Quaiffe in my 08 track car. I went from 3.33 back to 3.07s. It seemd I was at redline in third gear too much. It did have some advantages but I felt better with the 307s. Type of tracks obviously makes a difference.
They do run hot. I am using Motul Gear 75/140 and change every other event.
I want to use a diff. cooler but can't find one. Been waiting 3 mos for DMS to get them in. Probably end up fab'ing something up soon....

Wonder how good is quaife with 3.33, for street driving and when having some fun on street.

Anyone with that setup??

I have a Quaiffe with 3.33s in an 06 coupe. I really like the slightly lower gear on the street.
Can use 6th gear a lot more often. Car launches straight with the torque biasing too....:headbang:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine isn't an ACR, but a Quaife with 3.33's is what I put in my Gen III. I love it!
I do have to go into 5th on the back straight at Road Atlanta, but the 3.33's combined with 512/511 to the wheels, it works great! 5th still pulls fine and if I'm running around town, I can be in 6th by 50mph and have no issues whatsoever.
I thought about 3.55's, but when I did the rear end I was thinking about adding a blower also, so I knew 3.55's would be too much if I did.

Reaction score
The Quaife (and the newest Wavetrac diffs) are great for street/dual purpose cars, the shifting of power side to side provides great stability and launching straight. If you don't mind shifting and are not tuning for a specific track the 3.73 is a hoot, but the 3.33 or 3.55 is the most popular gear sold (probably leaning more to the 3.55).

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
There are a few downsides to the Quaife or Wavetrac in a Viper or other high HP rear wheel drive car on a road course or track. The torque biasing can get screwed up over time with heat and lack of maintenance. This can and has caused the inside tire to spin in high speed turns when hot and after some track time, so make sure and change your fluid often and have it rebuilt at 10K miles or less if you track your car regularly.

Both are great for the street and light track duty as they help keep the car straight when accelerating hard in a straight line.

On the gear ratio, the 3.07's work best for most on the track but this depends somewhat on what tracks you drive regularly. With a lower gear, i.e. higher numerically, you will be shifting more often on the track and every shift is time you are not accelerating.

If you take a close look at the Gen V gear ratios, SRT went to a 3.55 rear gear but changed the transmission gear ratios to give us about the same overall gear / speed out of each of the first three gears, while 4th is a bit shorter.

Good luck,

Dan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte