Question about amount of heat around side pipes

jeremypittman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I recently got dodge to replace under warr. my rocker panels, due to the rusty pop rivets making smalls bubbles in the paint. The rockers that they put on did not have any vents cut in the bottom. The rocker that came off my car did... The dealer stated that these are the panels for the car, but I cant help but be worried about the amount of heat... Also the old rockers had an extra heat shield pop riveted into it... the new one only had what looked to be high temp fiber glass wrapped in some type of thin metal... What do you guys think.. Anyone had problems with their rockers due to high temps... Any help would be welcome... Thank you all...
94 rt/10

<font color="#ff0000">[This message has been edited by jeremypittman (edited October 28, 2000).]</font>

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My side sills have the vents cut out in the bottom!!! I removed the mufflers and the side sills are MUCH COOLER now.

Reaction score
I had mine replaced for the same reason. I have noticed no change in the side sill heat. I'm running catless 3" exhaust which has always kept the sills from being hot, so it may not be the same for you.

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My side sills were replaced in May with the nonvented style sills and I haven't noticed any real heat problems, But I'd already replaced the mufflers with glasspacks (still have the cats on it).
You must be registered for see images