Question about chrome/silver "Viper GTS" emblem / overlay.

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question about chrome/silver \"Viper GTS\" emblem / overlay.

I'm interested in buying a red/white final edition that has these chrome/silver "Viper GTS" badges on the hood. The car came stock with red ones, and these are the ones currently on it. My question is, were these sold as overlays, new emblems altogether, or a combo of both? The emblems are in the wrong spot on the car (They appear a few inches too high), and I'm concerned this could indicate possible paint work.

Any help appreciated.

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Question about chrome/silver

if it's FE #324,that was mine. I had the original red emblems (that you cannot see, no colour contrast) replaced with chrome on the sides and silver on the rear. Mine were placed correctly.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are the emblems really $90 per side?

And where else to get them besides parts rack

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The chrome emblems came stock on silver Vipers, so there are stock emblems. Lots of places sell them. Just shop around. I see them on ebay all the time.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chris, I think people are getting confused as to what your asking...

From the pictures I looked at on the alley. Between the hood alignment,paint shade difference between the facia and hood and emblems being misplaced... I am 99.9% sure that FE GTS has had paintwork.. You never can say 100% without actually putting your hands on the car...Paint, if done correctly, is ok... But it will affect value to a degree, and you have to ask why?? Was it just touch-up work from facia scratches? Was it an accident? How bad? etc.,etc..