Question for people with stock exhaust and Muffler delete

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been told that the exhaust begins with 2 1/2" diameter tubes and it actually shrinks down to 2 1/4" around the differential area.
What's the pipe diameter where it goes into the stock muffler ??
I'm planning on running straight pipes out the back with an H-pipe, and stainless tips out the back.
What size pipes do I need to use ?? 2 1/2" or 2 1/4" ??

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
65snakeoil_pipes3.jpg

This should show what you're looking for on pipe sizes. direct bolt on. That's a snake-oyl stainless unit and I had them put a balance pipe on mine (Not my pic so it doesn't have the "H"). a good shop can make one up also. stock style clamps are a nice way to go for easy R&R

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Marv S on 11-23-2002 at 06:20 PM</font>

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
2 1/4"

The Snake-oly tips are about the same diameter as stock. maybe a bit smaller. They are longer than stock and some believe this keeps more exhaust debris off the car.

I went with a 4" oval exhaust tip that B&B sells to fill up the space.

65snakeiz1.jpg

Dan Woods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got an extra set of Snake Oyl tubes (along with an extra Mopar car cover) from the '96 GTS that I recently sold (2003 SRT coming soon). Let me know if you're interested.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Can you say Drone?

You need the H pipe mod unless you enjoy a significant increase in 2,100 ~ 2,800 rpm drone.</FONT f>

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where does the cross over pipe go? Does it go where the original muffler was, or would it work better putting the crossover at the forward hanger?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang