Question for Tito

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Tito,

Can you explain in technical terms what exactly detail spray is and how it behaves on the painted surfaces over time? What's in the majority of the brands out there and is there anywhere this stuff should not be used on?

I've got a couple of black trucks and for the last 4 or 5 years have been using Wizards Mist N Shine. I found it works pretty good on the black paint. I've also tried Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer. I've just used up the last of my Wizards and have less than a full bottle of the Meguiairs stuff.

Here is the deal with my red Viper. I haven't had a chance to drive it in the rain yet. So it doesn't get that kind of road grime mess than needs to be washed off. So far I've been using the quick detailer on it about once a week after an event or drive. Is there any fear of too much build up of a quick detailer if thats all I've been using? The vehicle gets parked inside and only gets used on the weekends.

Please explain if its ok to use your Spray N Wax on a weekly schedule to de-dust and clean off bug splatters, etc. Can it be used too many times or does it evaporate (not sure if thats the correct term) and eventually wear itself off.

Thanks and look forward to your feedback.

Cheers,
George

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great question. I have wondered the same thing. I have heard of using the quick detailers while DRYING the car. I have always been afraid of using spray detailer on a car thats been driven and not washed first. I would think that there is still fine particles of sand etc. that would cause swirl marks on my (black) car. That was the philosophy when I started washing cars in the early 80s. Am I wrong about that?

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Used detailer wax/Spray on my White Mamba which was never washed (with water) weekly for 4 years...never an issue and it looked like new when sold....I was told if the paint is baked on after the spray process there should not be an issue. I plan to do the same for my current car.....bought a gallon of Tito's spray wax as I go through this stuff very fast....

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently started using a swiffer pad on a car that has been driven but did not get wet. It works great for getting dirt and sand particles off. After that I used the spray detail from Tito and the shine is there right away. For about a month now that has been the process.

If it get's wet, it gets washed and we start all over from the beginning... Rinse, Wash, Rinse, Chamois, Clay Bar, Pre Wax, Wax (Two coats). Needless to say that is why I dont drive in the rain.

:usa:

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Rob I may have to try that. Since yours is black I know you feel the pain I do about swirl marks. My car CERTAINLY never sees rain so I may try this. How do you handle the grit that settles on the back bumper (really bad on the GTS!)? Swiffer? If you dont wash how do you get the brake dust off? I am very intrigued.....

(sorry for the thread hijack)

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will really be surprised to see how great the swiffer works on the rear end and around the wheel wells. I really try not to grab a micro rag, spray it, and just wipe away with all that grit and sand under the rag. That is where swirl marks come from.

The swirl removed that Tito sells along with my Porter Cable works wonders. I strip all the wax and crap the use that to get em out. Since using the swiffer first then the rag with spray/wax no swirls. :2tu:

As for the original question, I have had no problems with the spray/wax on the pain in the heat. I'm willing to bet if the heat doesnt damage the paint with spray/wax on it, time won't either.

OP
OP
T

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I haven't had the car through a rainy winter yet, my issue is dust, dirt, bird droppings, bug splatter, etc. I found some double sided micro fiber type towels at Costco. They are very large and double sided, with a huge amount of useable surface area.

Before I start wiping the car, I spray quick detailer on the towel on all sides so the fibers have a coating. You want it just damp to the touch. I think this helps pick up the dirt and it gets caught in the fibers so its not scrating the paint. Once the car is cleaned with the "dirty" towel, I then buff it once more with a clean towel that is lightly sprayed with quick detailer. I think having the micro fiber towel a little damp with quick detailer helps soften the fibers and lessens those super fine swirl marks dry towels can cause.

I'm curious as to what the hell the quick detailer is actually made of. Since owning the car, I've driven it almost every weekend so it has about 12 coats of quick detailer on it aready.

When waxing my other cars, I use the quick detailer to dampen the wax applicator, remove wax smears, etc.

Cheers,
George

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously your car is not black. After only a few times of using a micro fiber towel damp with spray detailer my car would be covered with swirl marks.

Pressure is the key. Little to no pressure while using a micro fiber rag works best.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously your car is not black. After only a few times of using a micro fiber towel damp with spray detailer my car would be covered with swirl marks.

Pressure is the key. Little to no pressure while using a micro fiber rag works best.

I agree. Light spray and NO pressure on the microfiber. Black is a ***** but looks awesome clean (and its fastest). Rob-what do you use on the wheels for brake dust? Detailer?

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Light spray and NO pressure on the microfiber. Black is a ***** but looks awesome clean (and its fastest). Rob-what do you use on the wheels for brake dust? Detailer?

Just to wipe em off I do. I use the polish ever month or so depending on how much I get to drive it.

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TrackAire

My apologies for the late replay, I had a 100k mess in my hands for the last 5 days but will answer shortly.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TrackAire

We are ready to rock, I will post two answers one in here and one with more information in case you like to follow up in another thread right after this one; some folks get bored with very long answers.

Spray Wax vs. Spray Detailers

These products are in the same family and are designed to enhance the shine and protection of your paint without scratching the surface. Spray waxes are typically maintenance products, meaning, they are used for a "quick wax" between your regular Wax. Spray waxes tend to have a much longer durability than the spray detailers. Spray Waxes are used with many different names. (More of this on the next thread)

Turbo Wax Spray Wax is the true definition of a spray wax, easy to use and it produces a noticeable slicker finish. Keep a good coat of this on your vehicle and when it comes time to wash the bugs and grit off, the task is much easier.

Contains no powders, so there is no fear of staining rubber or plastic moldings if it gets on them. Safe for all painted surfaces, chrome, painted plastics, glass. Put a good coat on your clean wheels and then when it comes time to wash the brake dust off, the job is so much easier.

Spray wax is just that. The same wax used in our other waxes is in the spray wax, just not as much of it. The thinking and action to a spray wax is that it should be easy to use, that you just spray it on, come back with a Microfiber towel, a couple of wipes and viola, you are done. Now with that process of quick and easy, naturally you will not have the coverage of a typical put on with an applicator wax.

But, in the same breath, the thinking out there is that you can "layer" wax. Wrong, after you have so much on a surface, you start literally wiping it off with your towel. Why is that? The molecular structure of the polymer will not allow itself to be "stacked" but so high. You hear some of the old school people speaking of having ten or fifteen layers of wax, the thought is okay, but in real life, it isn't happening, you can't stack it that high.

Do you have build up with spray wax? Very little, as a matter so little it would not ever be noticed, once again, you can't put that much on and have it stay there with the regular going-ons of washing, wiping, etc.

Could you use it for bug removal? Yes, but I caution you, some of those bugs are big and very abrasive, so even though removing them with spray wax is okay, make sure that you don't just rub the remains of the bug around on the finish with its abrasive particles.

Sometimes you can do more damage than good. Soak them very well before trying to remove the residue.

Most of the spray waxes on the market today contain very little wax per say. They are comprised mostly of water, alcohol, fragrance and some other inert ingredients that don't add very much to the cost, but allow them to make a larger profit. They may look shiny right at the moment, but just wait a few minutes or a couple of hours and they do start to dissipate very quickly. Be mindful of that. You can take diesel fuel, rub it on an old finish and it will impart a good shine for a while, then it also goes away.

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More if you are interested :drive::omg:

Spray Waxes are used with many different names. (More of this from the other answer)

Spray Wax- Generic name used in other applications such as Spray Wax™
FLEXIBLE TEXTURE
Waxed Satin Finish – Non-oily wax combined with sunflower seed
oil produces a waxed satin finish
Pliable Texture – Fine, flexible beeswax creates pliable texture
Light Mist Aerosol – Easy to apply to all lengths and hair types

Spray Wax is designed for all hair types and anyone desiring texture, lift and definition. The convenient aerosol application insures an even application of the product with no mess or excess weight which makes it ideal for very fine hair.

Use it to manipulate, separate or exaggerate your most extreme creation or simply add volume, texture and a satin shine. Spray Wax is also used for enhancing and defining hair with moderate to extreme curl. A fun product to work with, Spray Wax also provides serious protection for color treated hair with Helianthus which is a Sunflower Extract.

It is included in all Structural Balance styling aids because it is not only a very effective UV filter, but is also a powerful antioxidant that effectively slows the oxidation of hair color and prevents fading.

The “True” definition of a Spray wax varies from manufacture to manufacture, however the performance, protection and results are very similar, some contain Carnauba wax others like ours Polymers wax.

The performance of the Spray Waxes is what makes them an attractive product, not only they are easy to use and they protect the surface. Now with that said, here are some of the supporting reasons, not just theories, these are all things that can be proven. Let's take an example, the Winter Time. As in any case, the surface we are going to wax or in this case to protect, must be free of any contaminants, so that whatever we are going to put on the surface has a fair chance of doing its job.

Now with that also said, every surface that the road salt might come in contact with must be protected. That could be protection in the wheel well, parts of the frame that might be exposed to the salt. How to protect those, spray on the sealant or wax if you can't get to it. For underneath, spray on several coats of the spray wax, let it cure good and go with it. What we are doing is setting up a barrier between the salt and the surface we want to protect.

Will it work? Yes, it works very well, but just remember when you wash the vehicle in these harsh conditions, it is necessary to re-apply the protectants. How to prove this: You take a small painted panel, you make a brine solution, protect one portion of the panel and apply the brine to the whole thing and then keep a check on the panel and the results will become evident.

Another little test you can do is take a panel, painted or not, do the same and submerge in in the ocean or intercostals’ if you can, leave it for a period of time and then pull it up and check it out. The results will speak for themselves.

This is an exercise that we did to prove the performance of the Spray Wax

This Spray Wax is a product commonly found within many car care lines - not our particular brand - but a spray wax product itself.

Background

We chose a 1965 Datsun trunk lid. I know the car was used from 1965 to 1976, and at the end of the car-life, due to a bad engine, it was parked outside.

The trunk lid had its ORIGINAL paint, now faded and dull. The left side had been prepared by us and no wet sanding had ever been done. We did, however, clay it and,using our products along with a Porter Cable machine, got the best shine that we could accomplish with our products. This showed us that, with the proper technique, tools and products that deliver as advertised, your car's surface can remain a long term investment.

Trunk lid out of storage "As is"

You must be registered for see images

The right side had NEVER been touched, aside from a wash with straight plain water. There was no buffing, sanding, detailing, or single product used on the surface. The test carried out was to see if a Spray Wax could make ANY difference if applied all alone. Of course, today’s car finishes are much better since not too many 1965 panels are used for R&D.

The left side was re-touched to bring the shine back to life. This was clearly seen. The right side remained as we found it originally in 2005. I washed both sides with plain water. The left side shows that it had been protected and the wax job's performance was evident. The right side still appeared as old and dull. With the water applied, little to nothing could be seen, other than a dull finish.

After wash and a little TLC to the left side ONLY

Nothing was accomplished by look or feel. Next, I applied a layer of our spray wax, ONLY to the right side and only to the right portion of the lid. I followed the instructions as indicated on the label.

Clearly signs of two different color tones

As a result, you could actually feel the difference. It was much smoother and, if you looked closely, you could see the right section slightly shine - not much, but enough to see the line where the spray wax was applied. After the spray wax was applied with the help of my assistant, we rinsed the lid with water from a small bucket. Again the left side performed as expected; on the right side absolutely no improvement was seen.

Special helper for the REAL test, the water Test,

left Side

Right Side

With the water little to nothing could be seen, nothing more than a dull finish, nothing was accomplish.

End result a complete failure

I was very disappointed. Maybe we needed to discontinue this product since we could never sell a spray wax that doesn't’t perform as we claim. Then it occurred to me that the water from the bucket was not the correct way to go about it. So we move to another location, next to the garden hose. Again, we rinsed the lid. Still, nothing happened. As I start walking away I could see that on the right side at the very end of the lid edge, the water was running downward. It was a sign of hope.

So I rinsed again and waited 5 minutes. I could see the same results, not exactly what I was expecting, but now I had something to look forward to. I dried the lid and applied another coat of the spray wax. After I finished removing the excess, I rinsed it again. The results were fantastic!

Different location with the garden hose, zero progress

Now you could CLEARLY see that we had accomplished our goal: a temporary protection, nothing more, nothing less. The product DID work! It worked as it was intended. Yes, it took two coats, but remember, we are talking about a trunk lid from 1965. The test reconfirmed that the spray wax does provide protection and it is a great temporary solution.

Huge progress been made right in front of our own eyes

Final Answer, Turbo Wax Spray-N-Wax has deliver The photos don't lie, The Spray-n- Wax has risen to the occasion

So our Spray-N-Wax will deliver

· An actual true spray wax
· Easy to use, very durable
· Leaves a slick wet looking finish
· Polymer base, long lasting

In the other hand Spray Detailers will remove dust, smudges, fingerprints and restores a shine that will last very short time they will also enhance the appearance temporarily.

Spray Detailers- Little is known that Turbo Wax Products used to have our own Detailer Spray, it was actually called Turbo Wax Last Minute Detailer

Turbo Wax Last Minute Detailer

Turbo Wax Last Minute Detailer Formulated especially for that important moment when time is of the essence, quickly produces a slick and wet glossy Appearance while extending the life of your paint sealant, removes light dust and finger prints without scratching your finish.

As our business started to grow; I started to get unhappy that we were selling a product that offered very little to my customers, besides the removal of finger prints and other insignificant results why do this to them. We are not like the rest of the companies that all they care is to make a buck, so we completely discontinued the product since our Spray -N-Wax can handle those jobs and offer additional protection.

I hope that at least one person find this information helpful. Thank you for your support !:)

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you guys :) I forgot to mention the importance of a high quality microfiber towel but we will talk about it some other time.:D:D:drive::drive::drive::rolaugh::)

OP
OP
T

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tito,

I'll order some of the Spray N Wax and give it a go. I really like the little "travel" bottle...perfect for touch ups on the road.

I'd like to see more photos of the $100K mess if you have them...looks like it turned out pretty nice.

Cheers,
George

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TrackAire

You are very welcome,the car is a 2009 Nissan Skyline GTR 1,000 miles on the clock.

Few pictures

Making Progress

:dunno::dunno:

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Benny, I couldn't remember your forum name,sorry,:(:( but I'm glad you reached out to me again:). I have decided to get back into the detailing business due to the high number of requests for detail jobs on high end cars,within my area.

I have contacted one of my very good professional detailing friends,and he will join forces with me to perform the detail jobs by appointment only, and on weekends.

I will get back to you shortly, due to the high number of requests that I have pending. But rest assured that I will get back to you. I have already replied to the other 5 potential customers from the forum that are interested in getting their car(s) back into shape.

Thank you for your great support to all of you once more.:)

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...!

Tito, do you take questions over the phone by chance? I want to run a few things by you when you get a chance.

Thanks,

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey dont forget tito i have a black acr that needs some tito love

Actually, I have suggested that Tito show up at our monthly gathering at the towers (University Drive) and show us some detail tips on the dirtest ACR.....it will surely draw a crowd.....

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I be more than happy to host a detail class. I have a location in Pompano that will allow me to host this event.

So I'm all ears :):drive::drive:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte