Question for you guys with Vinyl Stripes

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting my vinyl stripes done in a few weeks, and I was wondering if you guys have your stripes applied over the NACA duct like the painted ones or go around it? Any pics would be great as well! Thanks.

Bat™

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I am ready for some stripes. Which color do you guys think is best on a red car? White or silver? Where can I buy them?

Thanks

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is an "around the duct" pic. i think it looks good either way.

7911JDOC-med.JPG

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the stripes over the NACA duct. Both white or silver stripes look good to me. I just prefer white stripes over red. I am thinking about doing the same thing.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer the look around the duct. It "highlights" it more and the duct is a kewl feature since unlike most other cars (insert new Z06 here) it is actually functional.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do you get the stripes? Who puts them on? What if you want to put a clear bra on your car? over or under stripes? Does Archer do it?

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can have it done at a sign or graphics shop. I'm having mine done at Modern Image out here in San Diego. When you're looking for a place to do yours, ask for some pics of their work, also ask about their warranty. Ask far as clear bra goes, I've asked the question a while back. After reading some of the responses, I'm opting not to go with a clear bra over my stripes.

Bat™

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone here knows of a good graphic shop in Orange county? Thanks in advance.

Thats what I wanted to know also. I wonder if there is a difference in the quality of the stripes for shop to shop. I think I am going with white.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jdoc - you decided to go with the roe this year? YES! :2tu:

between you, me, and dr penn - central IL is going to have (3) AWESOME red / blown / and striped vipers in central IL this summer!!

:nana: :nana: :nana:

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine go around the duct

when you get the stripes ask the person doing them to give
you about 10 feet extra in case you need it to fix the existing stripes that
they will put on... store the extra in the house in a closet, you may
never need it but then again, if you do at least you will have the material that
matches the material that will be put on your car...

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
There are several good vinyl stripe suppliers on eBay..
Cole Bros are good. 8yr uv 3M, 8 inch wide.
Full instructions.

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
We have stripe kits in stock for the Vipers and supply everything needed necessary for installation. We have sold MANY kits here to our VCA Members and have also done many successful installations.

Here is a list of everything included in our kits!

We offer stripe kits for the Viper or any other vehicle in any color youwould like. We use 3Mil Premium Vinyl and cut each kit standard 8" width 4" seperation. We include 36 feet of Dual stripes which will leave extra for mistakes. We also include a felt squeegee which will not harm the Viper or the vinyl. Each kit also includes professional application fluid in a spray bottle.

Each kit cost $150.00 shipping and handling included (normally 3-5 business days). WE ARE NOW RUNNING A SPECIAL TO ALL OF THE VCA MEMBERS WITH A DISCOUNT OF 10% :2tu:

We offer installation of this kit if your local or would like to bring the car to our shop for a few days! Please call to set up an appointment. Successful installation takes approximately 10

We accept credit cards at http://www.paypal.com made payable to [email protected] or you can send payment via money order or check (7-10 business days to clear for check) Please contact us at [email protected] for these payment services.

Thank You,

Mike Baxter

MBXmotorsports, Inc.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will not be dissapointed if you put stripes on your car. I striped mine with vinyl and loved it so much that I took them off and had them painted on. Totally changes the car. Breaks up the long, wide hood a little bit. I would have a professional put them on though, going around the curves can be tricky.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
around for me to, I prefer the look as it makes the duct more visible. I also applied vinyl to the flat, bottom part of the duct which you can just see in the pic

You must be registered for see images

to apply the vinyl inside the duct correctly takes a bit of skill and time

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Going over the duct will take an expert to look even half way decent. Mine looked like crap so I removed them on the duct and left as is. I would have preferred on the duct but not if it looks like a crap job. Silver is more understated. White stripes scream 'look at me' Look at my current pictures here: http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=635118&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I've decided to go that route and have the stripes go around the duct. There was a Viper parked on my street the other day that had the stripes go around the duct, and it looked good :) .

Standard stripe width is 8" and 4.5" apart?

Bat™

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm getting my car detailed Monday, getting the stripes put on Tuesday, and back to the detailer on Wed for wash and wax :) .

I also obtained a Sneaky Pete Badge in Blue that I will be using to replace my Black one :) .

Bat™

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm joining the stripes club also within the next few weeks. Looking forward to the change. Going to put black on my red. :2tu:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting the stripes installed tomorrow, Tuesday. I have chosen to go with black stripes on my red GTS, mainly because:
1. It's different and rare. (Only ***** and Tony ViperMad to my knowledge)
2. I have black side and back badging.
3. I don't like silver on red too much, and white on red is pretty common. I don't want to look like an FE.
4. My wife totally hates the idea of striping the car so that alone is worth it to annoy her..... :2tu:

Before and after pics to come on Wednesday..

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine are getting tomorrow as well. One question for you vinyl striped guys; On the rear, did your stripes extend to the underside of your rear bumper like the painted ones do? My installer said there may be an issue with the heat from the exhaust tips may cause the vinyl to bubble. I orgionally wanted the stripes to go go all the way underneath, but I may have them stop just short of that area.

Bat™