Question on ACR fog lamps

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know fog lamp delete is part of the ACR option and the comfort group only puts back a/c and stereo. However, in almost EVERY pic of an ACR I see, the fog lamps are there. So...to all you ACR owners out there...is adding the fogs back in the popular route for most ACRs??? If you get them added, do you also get a factory-type control in the cockpit? From my vette experiences, if you didn't get them from the factory, you just didn't get them.

Thanks for your feedback...

Mike in NC

ASASN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike!

You can add them without a problem!! The switch and wiring are there......

But, I'm like you, if it didn't come that way, don't add it.......unless it's HP/TQ!!

Peace!!

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not in this picture. I don't drive much at night, so don't really need them. Some cars may have ACR wheels but are not ACR's.

OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck...as a matter of fact, I believe I have an excellent record in accurate forecasts. If I remember correctly, in a career spanning 43 years, I was right about three times!!!

On the fog lamp issue, I don't have my first Viper yet. I was just curious because pic after pic of ACRs showed them with fog lamps. To clarify about "not adding" them back in my vette days, I meant that if you didn't already have them, the dealer always said you could NOT add them aftermarket.

Mike in NC

ACRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested in the details on installing the fog lamps. What wiring, are the fuses and relays in the boxes or do they need to be added etc.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought yesterday my fog lamps for my ACR.
Good coincidence.
I bought them at DODGE but I got AUDI fog lamps !
Yes the OE is Audit on the VIPER !!!

When I have time I will post the Audit part number and maybe a few pictures. Maybe if you order them at Audi or Volks the will costs less.

I also had to add two relays in the electrical box. All the job costs me 400$CAN :( .

The most difficult part was to pass the lamps under the bumper. I have un bolted the bumper from the fender (6 bolts) and I gently forced the lamps under the bumper.

The job is 1 hour per lamps.

A.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so VW golf got those fog lamps?? are they totally clear lens?? or same as the stock lamps we got..?? and just asking for fog lamps for VW golf?? any year??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96