Questions Regarding The 2002 Dodge Viper GTS LeMans Editions

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after looking on eBay just about everyday at Vipers, this rare jem became available. I knew they were limited, but only to 8, that is a huge shock. Does anyone know what the story is with these cars? I have been trying to track them down for a while but since there are so few and many people did not know about them, it is almost impossible to find information. If anyone knows, I have a few qestions:

What was the original MSRP on these?

How did Dodge select the purchasers? VIP's? I know that TREYNOR had one for his wife but he sold it and I know that a member in the UK has one as well.

By the way, what ever happended to TREYNOR??

Here is a link to the one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Viper-1-of-8-in-the-world-Dodge-Viper-GTS-Daytona-Edition_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6209QQitemZ4615996275QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Dodge doesn't select the VIPs for these babies... as they are not Dodge customized Vipers...

It's a unique package offered by Autoform.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As i understand it was nothing to do with Dodge as such, Autoform brought the cars and installed their kit to them, not sure how they were marketed/advertised and sold, arent aware of any owner selection process, beleive they were quite hard to sell hence the small numbers

There are x2 in the UK that were built in 2001, one was highly modified by DC Performance, both came from Bill at Woodhouse

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was no autoform engine upgrade, they didnt touch the engine.
Basically its a stock GTS with a nice body kit.
(The ebay owner has added quite a few personal touches)

Everything was Autoform including the roll bar, they painted wider 10" stripes and fitted carbon fibre panels behind the seats which isnt so noticeable from the other visual items

cant remember whose 91's these were, maybe one of Ben's ?
190TwinDaytonaSide.jpg

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a hot picture. Then why would someone pay so much more for this car?? Does not really make sense. The eBay gentlemen wants $150K!!!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ebay gentleman must be a fool to believe he will get $150 ! he's just trying it on

you could still make any GTS a '91' with the help of Autoform

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re:Answers to Questions Regarding The 2002 Dodge Viper GTS LeMans Editions

This goes back a few years but here is some history:

The Daytona was an "almost" factory option package in 2001. Even showed up on dealer sheets with a code but it never came to be. the 1998 GT-2 was a package to celebrate that great race year and the Daytona it was to celebtrate the Big Daytona Victory. Looking through the Central Distribution Vehicle Information System (VIS) at the dealer one day long ago and spotted the following (along with the release date of the 3.5L in the Caravan):
Viper Daytona Edition; Estimated Production Date: 1/05/01
(SRD---)(W/ACD)

BUT, the colors made it to the Gen 2 Final Edition Coupes :cool:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=198075

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=4217

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=197149

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=40658

News Release to the Viper Nation: limited production Viper Daytona Coupe is now released. Serial No. 01 is destined for California.
The year 2000 was again a benchmark in Viper racing history beginning with the Daytona 24 hrs. The licensing rights have just been secured, and the first of 24 limited edition Daytona Vipers is being readied. This limited edition Viper has been in discussion for many months. It is now official and the Daytona Speedway has bestowed it’s blessing, at long last.

As witnessed back in 1997 when Dodge produced 100 1997 Viper GT-2’s, there is an appetite for Vipers that will sustain their commemorative value far into the future. Based on the difficult logistics experienced by the Viper team and Dodge, they were not up to this undertaking.

Convincing arguments by several members of the Viper Club caused Autoform Development to step forward with assistance from father Viper himself, Roy Sjoberg. The result is a completely street legal replica that has more product content than the limited edition GT-2, yet at a similar price, four years later.

Creating a commemorative edition in honor of the overall win at the 2000 Daytona Rolex 24hrs was appropriate to retain its place in Daytona history.

Many of the pieces that went into creating this legend are listed here:

· GTS-R appearing wing - adjustable

· Challenge Race Fascia with splitter and Driving Lights

· Front Tow Hook

· Center Hood Louver

· Roof Vent - non functional

· Rear Diffuser

· Sport Bar with Carbon Look Center Filler

· Painted Stripes

· Decal Package

· Numbered Commemorative Interior Plaque

· Certificate of Authenticity

· Registry of Ownership

Licensed by Daytona USA and International Speedway Corp .

the wheels are factory stock, as Autoform and the dealers selling the car do not know what each customer may want. The side exhaust is not standard and can be done for an extra cost. Again this is a customer preference item, and can be custom designed for those that would like it done. The second car will be a 2001

Price of vehicle complete, FOB Blair, Ne. $11,990 over GTS price. we ship.

For participating dealers go to http://www.autoformgroup.com
or call Bill Pemberton at 800 889 1893 www.woodhouse.com/viper

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith I dunno if you were there but a canadian member had his car done like one of the LeMan's cars.

You must be registered for see images

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse had one of these a few years ago. At the same time they had the '01 Sappire snake I eventually purchased. They were gonna do 24 of them but only made 8 or 10 I believe. The asking price was about 70K or so if I remember right when I was discussing with Bill P. Beautiful car, but the sapphire was about 10K less and my favorite color/dream car so thats the way I went.

I believe the car that Woodhouse had eventually went overseas.

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was told they made 10 of them. I almost bought a 2002 one in May/June 03. They (Woodhouse Dodge) were asking $80K, with about 100mi but I bought a new 02 ACR instead. Love the LeMan Edition.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GoldenVenom, I think we're talking about the same one. My price recollection may be off a bit. I also think it was Ben Treynors wifes old car. There are pics of it on his website.

And with that I have reached 500 posts...yea for me!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang