Race Wheels and Tires for the SRT

Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone installed any 3rd party wheels and tires for the road course events on the SRT? If so, what wheels, size, and tires were used? Did anyone use 18" wheels on the rear and if so what was the clearances?

Also, drag tires (nitto, etc) and wheels?

Thanks for the assistance.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
18" will not work on rear without removeing the e-brake caliper,from what i have heard. and i have no idea about tires in the rear size(19"s)

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone installed any 3rd party wheels and tires for the road course events on the SRT? If so, what wheels, size, and tires were used? Did anyone use 18" wheels on the rear and if so what was the clearances?

Also, drag tires (nitto, etc) and wheels?

Thanks for the assistance.

You can contact "he who shall not be named" as he has a setup to run slicks/skinnies. In the 18" size also.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am waiting for the new Forgline wheels SX3-R to arrive for a test fit on my SRT. They are available through Archer Racing and Parts Rack. I hope to know by 1/12. If so I will post the results.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful of race tires, the car may have signifacant oil pressure problems when turning left. I have been directly told by Dodge peraonnnel that the car is not considered track-worthy as is, unless you spring for a $1500 swing-arm oil pan modification developed for the Comp Coupe, which I have heard lost one or more engines in its debut due to oil pressure loss.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have already had two sets of Forgelines ( we also carry them )and I am pretty sure they are ahead of the curve, as they were designing the rim for the Comp Coupe ages ago. I imagine others will have a rim in the future, but Forgeline has items now, and they are heavy into the Viper Racing scene.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse
1-800-889-1893