radar detector mirror mount

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have those mounts for my Expedition and Viper, move the V1 from car to car. Easiest way to tap into the factory mirror wiring is below. Interesting timing, I actually wired both cars today. Very clean installation and done in 5 minutes.

http://invisicord.com/install.html

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember seeing this about a month ago and kind of forgot about it over Xmas. I think the 3/25" fits the Viper. Looks like detector hangs low enough to make your adjustment on bottom of mirror.

My Valentine is hardwired to mirror and I use the suction cup holder that comes with the unit. It sets right above the mirror and is out of the way yet in the clear for front and rear. But I like this holder it looks neat. Probably will order one today.

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just discussing this with my wife about getting these of I could fine the websites.

Talk about timing.

Thanks Guys.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the mount in the car with the detector attached?

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New V1 in the mount and wired with the kit I linked to above. 2006 Coupe

You must be registered for see images

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I buzzed out the connector on my '06. It's a flat 7 pin connector (only 3 wires used) that you can pull off the back of the mirror. Pin 1 is closest to the driver. Wires are in positions 2,6,7. Pin 2 is constant +12vdc and where the yellow Visacord probe goes. Pin 7 is ground and where the black Visacord probe goes. I used additional small cable ties to tie the probes to the individual wires acting as a strain relief, then another cable tie to secure it to the bundle. Good luck.....

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem guys, happy to help. Sorry the flash was so bright. You'll also note I removed my visors, covered the hole with a small piece of black plastic and slid the original grommets back into place. With them in place I always had a sensation that they were invading my personal space, and were too close to my head.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How quickly and easily can you remove the Valentine from that mounting setup?

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually the V1 itself just slides right out instantly. You basically take the V1 suction cup mount, remove the cups, and bolt it to the new mirror mount. The V1 slides in or is removed just as it is with the suction cup mount, because that's the actual mounting surface, the mirror mount is just the interface between the suction cup mount (w/o cups) and the mirror. I purchased 2 additional suction cup mounts, 1 of which I removed the cups and bolted to another mirrir mount in my daily driver, the other suction cup mount I keep as a spare incase I was to use the V1 in some other car.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I have those mounts for my Expedition and Viper, move the V1 from car to car. Easiest way to tap into the factory mirror wiring is below. Interesting timing, I actually wired both cars today. Very clean installation and done in 5 minutes.

http://invisicord.com/install.html

I love the religious BS on the website, LOL... what does the bible have to do with radar detectors?? I don't know...

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually the V1 itself just slides right out instantly. You basically take the V1 suction cup mount, remove the cups, and bolt it to the new mirror mount. The V1 slides in or is removed just as it is with the suction cup mount, because that's the actual mounting surface, the mirror mount is just the interface between the suction cup mount (w/o cups) and the mirror. I purchased 2 additional suction cup mounts, 1 of which I removed the cups and bolted to another mirrir mount in my daily driver, the other suction cup mount I keep as a spare incase I was to use the V1 in some other car.

Another good idea from John.....Buy a second suction cup mount.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the ignition is turned off and door is closed mine will go off in a min or two. When I open the door the V1 will come on.

Got my holder installed and now to the invisicord. On my old mounting(suction cups) I had the V1 installed above the mirror kinda out of the way. But I still like new the holder.

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the ignition is turned off and door is closed mine will go off in a min or two. When I open the door the V1 will come on.

Got my holder installed and now to the invisicord. On my old mounting(suction cups) I had the V1 installed above the mirror kinda out of the way. But I still like new the holder.

I know you've stated this before, but mine doesn't turn off after the 2-3 min.

Would it be possible for you to look and tell us which holes you cord pins are in?

I would love for mine to shut down after ig. off and door closed.

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grunt,

Did you wire yours like I described above? Mine takes more like 4-5 minutes, but it eventually shuts down. Good Luck..