ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Valentine 1 considered "the best"?

Am considering a new install into my Gen 2, and need opinions...thanks! :2tu:

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valentine One as far as I'm concerned is the best. They are all fairly close in detection; however, Valentine One tells you which direction the signal is coming from.

I have three V1's, in my GMC, ACR and ZR1.

chesapeake07

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valentine One as far as I'm concerned is the best. They are all fairly close in detection; however, Valentine One tells you which direction the signal is coming from.

I have three V1's, in my GMC, ACR and ZR1.

V1...I own three, also.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
v1 has saved me numerous times and a few times the ticket would have cost me huge. id never use anything else

i really like the arrows

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the V1 also and picking up laser is a matter of luck and/or skill. I have been lucky enough to catch a bouncing signal from cars ahead and detected it. The only way to lessen the chances of getting lit up (besides driving within the limit!), is to realize that for him to shoot his laser, he has to see you... meaning you will see him. We are lucky in that we have few flat spots on our cars (if you dont have a front plate) for them to aim for. Everytime I've been lit up, I spotted him first. I always pay attention to cars way out ahead of me. The average person who sees a trooper will hit his brakes, even if he is doing the speed limit.

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have 3 K -40s and love them. Installed on in my ram truck as well. I like to know when I am being watched!

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand all the hoopla for the V1. I don't think they have updated it feature wise since its introduction. They also have a reputation for lots of false alerts.
****** continues to keep up with the current threats that we face. They offer laser shifters and red light/speed camera warning. The really nice thing is all of their products are plug n' play. In most states laser shifters are legal and they will defeat a laser gun (this is the only way since everything happends at the speed of light). So if you start with an ****** Solo or an 8500, you can later add an SC55 and/or a ZR4. All these systems work cooperatively and it is a marvel to watch during an engagement.:cool:

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a good idea to read some independent research on the subject and then decide from there. I like the V1 and it's directional capability, but if the location of the detector isn't perfect, the rear arrow won't work as a direct line of sight may be blocked by such things as an overhead console. I had an ****** 8500 on my liter bike that saved me more tickets than I care to think about. I moved up to the ****** 9500ix in my Viper and truck due to its 'plug and play' capibilty for database updates. It has a built in GPS and records false signals (if you have it set to do so) so that they don't bother you every time you go by the exact same signal. It also stores speed traps and red light cameras as reported to the central database by others. The newest adds to the ****** technology is navagation using your detector (a bit too expensive for my tastes) and a 'smart' cord that links your 9500ix with others via Blue Tooth, your phone and the active database on the web. This gives you close to real time updates for who's shooting radar in your line of travel!

I'd say go for the ****** 9500ix in my opinion.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Figure out what the local cops use. A radar/laser detector alone will not help you if they use laser. I like ****** because you can use a laser "shifter" in conjunction with it. I really think the arrows on the V1 are overrated. The detector beeps or lights up I slow down, who care what direction it's from.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the RX 65 radar from beltronics brand new if your interested, with the suction mount, heavy duty. Dont like it, im kicking myself about not going to the V1. I have the V1 in my other car and its hands down the best.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 3 K -40s and love them. Installed on in my ram truck as well. I like to know when I am being watched!

I have a K-40 system in my Viper. However, I take my Beltronics GX-65 with me for added protection. Interestingly, the Bel alerts me at least a couple blocks before the K-40 wakes up. The K-40 is not so good at distance and independent raters do not rate it very high and I believe them.

Last edited:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the Passport 9500....just awesome. The Valentines just have way too many false alerts. I could car less where the arrows are pointing, if my Passport is alerting Ka band, there is a CHP around. I don't care if they are ahead of me, behind me or besides me, I'm going to slow down. When they set up speed traps, they often use radar, planes or a combination...and it's never just one car doing the traps.

Single car police or CHP doing radar is no challenge whatsoever. The Passport alerts you with so much distance that if you get a ticket you deserve it.

Interesting to read that the newest Ka bands guns have such low power. The Passport is so sensitive to Ka band that I've often thought it was a false alert, only to find a CHP three miles up ahead.

I guess I don't miss the arrows since the Passport doesn't sound off to the false alarms....but the arrows would be helpful to tell you that there is a mini mart on your right causing your Valentine to sound off. Good info to know if you get thirsty and need a drink.

Any of the top named radar detectors will do you well, it just comes down to personal choice and features.

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
Z

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the RX 65 radar from beltronics brand new if your interested, with the suction mount, heavy duty. Dont like it, im kicking myself about not going to the V1. I have the V1 in my other car and its hands down the best.

Why don't you like the RX 65? It is supposed to be "one of the best", per the link that I posted above (see post #21)...

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The RX-65 is a great product. However, the GX-65 is the best one ad it is the one that will mark false alarm locations, give radar trap and radar camera alerts. The RX-65 is the same except it does not have those features. The GX is a more recent model although they still sell new RX models.

I am in the market for another GX model.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 5 Whistler XTR 140s. One in the Viper, one in the DD and the wife and kids have them. They're about $45 and they work great. I have been using Whistlers for over 10 years. It's not a Valentine or one of the other high end detectors but it does the trick. What I really like is that Whistler has the best optional visor bracket. In the Viper it's on the passenger visor. If you are OK with a cheaper unit then you can't go wrong. It gets great reviews and besides... the real key to beating the cops is learning how to read the taillights out ahead and not speeding on an empty stretch of road. Oh and be real careful tonight... lol

http://www.amazon.com/Whistler-XTR-...scopes/dp/B000OHYIDE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the ****** Passport 9500ix. Just for Valentine lovers, it has arrows for showing the direction for the radar as well, albeit they're small unlike the V1 arrows.The ****** saved me a few times but only in situation when there were other cars ahead or next to me.There's no way any radar detector would save you against a cop hiding behind a column, bush or what ever with a lidar.The ****** 9500ix is GPS based and it updates locations and saves them.In some states where RD is illegal,you must use the Bell sTi non detectable models or the cop can confiscate it on the spot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala