Ran with a SRT4

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was heading up I75 and a Neon SRT4 came up behind me. We had a blast for 10 miles and went to 140 a few times as traffic allowed and that thing was hanging in there. I don't know the top speed of it but it was a blast. That would be a nice addition as a daily driver to the Viper.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to admit I had a Neon in my past life--but it was NOT an SRT-4, unfortunately. The car as I know it and the SRT-4 ARE different Neons, but they are STILL a Neon...doesn't give excitement. I'm sure it's good bang for the buck now though.
~juli~

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealership I go here tuned a SRT-4 to over 430hp and over 430 ftlbs torque...insane!

OP
OP

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should stop before people get ticked saying that this is turning into a Neon forum but although I totally know it is just a Neon...I appreciate that the Viper influence has allowed Dodge to create a hotrod Neon so people without 50K can afford a lot of fun.

It isn't anything to look at but that guy and I were having a lot of fun. I am glad he is driving that instead of an Accord (insert many names here).

kpham

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I was at the shop having my evo tuned, they were also tuning a srt-4. It has a few mods (don't quite know what they are with cat&muffler deleted). It put down 320+ whp on a mustang dyno. It sounded nasty as well. This car can be made very fast for a small amount of $ -- very amazing for what it is. It definitely makes a fun daily driver.

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one for a daily driver and it makes the commute to work more fun. A good friend of mine owns JMB Performance (http://www.jmbperformance.com/) and he makes quite a few aftermarket parts for SRT-4's (along with Vipers and Ram SRT-10s). His SRT-4 on his old setup, before he built the motor, ran high 11's @ mid 120's. He hasn't had it at the track yet to test the new setup. He also just got done building another local SRT-4 with even more power. Its making 450hp on pump gas and around 550hp on race gas. Being FWD they might not get the best times, but it makes for an awesome roll queen!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've owned two SRT-4s (sold the first one to my son when he came back from Iraq) and they are great little cars for the money. Even if left stock, it's a pretty quick car. My only gripes are the two extra doors and the wing. My wife daily drives the SRT-4 we have now and hops in one of the Vipers every now and then as well.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran my SRT-4 against 30 Viper in Gainesville road course(1.6 mile) I was the second fastest car there. Many of the Vipers had serious mods ie: Roe S/C 620 wrhp. My Viper was in the shop have some work done to it.

2548DSCN0066.JPG

Cudaman:usa:

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure they are not Vipers, but they are easy and fun to drive, and with some suspension and brakes upgrades, and surprisingly quick on a road course. Just ask the dozen Vipers I passed last year at the Putnam Park Viper Days...

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonderful cars. Most people need a commuter car (unless they are so rich they don't need to work for a living). With that in mind, it is one heck of a car for daily use. I am not going to stick my nose up in the air. It is better than my Corolla for sure.