RB1 warranty replacement question.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All,

I have a question.

I have an RB1 NAV that I will be getting replaced under my bumper to bumper warranty on my 2005 Viper.

When the dealer gets the replacement:

1. Is the warranty replacement unit a new device or a refurb?

2. does the warranty replacement come with a NAV disc, and if so is it the latest "AF" Feb 08 release?

3. Anything else I should know?

Thanks

V

Venomiss

Call Mark Jorgensen or Chuck Tator? They may be able to help you with those questions.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,

I have a question.

I have an RB1 NAV that I will be getting replaced under my bumper to bumper warranty on my 2005 Viper.

When the dealer gets the replacement:

1. Is the warranty replacement unit a new device or a refurb?

2. does the warranty replacement come with a NAV disc, and if so is it the latest "AF" Feb 08 release?

3. Anything else I should know?

Thanks

Here is the deal. I needed the nav/radio to be replaced under warranty on my wife's 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. The know had broken off. I went to five dealerships before I found one who would replace it under warranty. The first four said that a broken knob was not a defect and they would not warranty it. In the end Madison Dodge-Jeep in Madison, CT did warranty the nav-radio at no charge to me. I asked about a new Nav disk and they told me they would remove the old one from my old unit and reinstall it in the new unit. They said is I wanted a new disk I would have to pay for it. No complaint here, great service. Does anyone have the part number for the Feburary 2008 release disk?

OP
OP
X

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going to find out Monday morning when I bring the car by my nearby Dodge dealer.

They replaced the blower motor in my car without incident before so I know they do good work, at least on interior items :rolaugh:

OP
OP
X

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well the dealer refused to replace the NAV under warranty.

They said they checked the VIN and the car didn't come with NAV from the factory so I am SOL.

They gave me the option to get a refurb "exchange unit" for $650 and I give them the broken one, or get a brand new kit for $1400.

I told them no thanks and called Dodge/Chrysler mothership.

Spoke to customer service and got escalated. They told me the same thing.

My 2005 did not come from the factory with an RB1 so tough ****. I asked them if there was a possibility that the car was optioned with the NAV or if the previous owner put it in the car at a dealer and it wasn't tied to the VIN.

They told me nope.

So I have a bumper to bumper new car warranty with a Dodge NAV in the dash and warranty won't cover it.

Nice! :dunno:

OP
OP
X

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK,

Well I just bought a brand new RB1 from Ebay and installed it myself.

I was also able to get the RB1 latest "AF" NAV disc for free. :omg:

If anybody in Los Angeles needs help putting in an RB1 let me know.

I'll do it for free. :2tu:

My console has been apart 10 times and there is absolutely no evidence that it's been removed. No scratches or anything.

I installed the RB1, NAV antennae and will be doing an Ipod kit very soon.

The best part about my method of installing is that the center console does not have to be completely removed.

Using a right angle philips head screwdriver allows one to get to the last screw at the bottom of the fascia panel (with AC ducts/etc) without removing the entire center console cover.

Saves a lot of time.

I've got the RB1 install down to less than 1/2 hour (with removal of existing radio included!)
:headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21