Rear lower control arm has a gash in it, does it need to be replaced?

OP
OP
M

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did all my fluids last week, it took the two of us around 5 hours including lubing the suspension,It costed under 300 dollars in parts and picked up a mity-vac to vacuum out the clutch,brakes and power steering.

What year? Mine is 2006.
You wouldn't happen to have a link to the fluids you purchased would you, or maybe a screenshot of your receipt or something?

I am having a fun time searching http://www.mopardealerparts.com/ for the correct fluids.

Also, I just bought this Mityvac on Amazon, thanks for saying that ;)

What kind of grease did you use to lubricate the suspension? I see the points that need to be lubricated in the service manual but it does not specify any specific grease to use, or really any instructions except "Lubricate each point until a slight swelling is noticed in the seal boot. Do not overfill the seal boots"

Last edited:

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is also an 06 I would have to search for receipts , I used the dot 4 for clutch and brake I have the mityvac 7300 that has a fitting for the brakes to vacuum the brake fluid.
I used the mopar ATF+4 tranny fluid for power steering according to the viper tech, the grease is NLGI-LB grease and everything you have up there looks good Also my read diff fluid came out black color after 3 years and recommend changing it every 2 years.

OP
OP
M

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is also an 06 I would have to search for receipts , I used the dot 4 for clutch and brake I have the mityvac 7300 that has a fitting for the brakes to vacuum the brake fluid.
I used the mopar ATF+4 tranny fluid for power steering according to the viper tech, the grease is NLGI-LB grease and everything you have up there looks good Also my read diff fluid came out black color after 3 years and recommend changing it every 2 years.

Alright man, sounds good! Thanks for your help!

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You also need a suction gun to fill the transmission and the diff,http://www.mactools.ca/en-ca/Specialty-Tools/Steering-and-Suspension/GS19HD/Heavy-Duty-Suction-Gun make sure on the diff you remove both drain plugs as its divided in two sections then fill on the next drain plug with red label,same for the tranny and a coolant burping funnel valued at 25 dollars you need also ,Make sure the vehicle is secured properly level on jack stand and solid ramps resting under the tires. GOOD LUCK

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You also need a suction gun to fill the transmission and the diff,http://www.mactools.ca/en-ca/Specialty-Tools/Steering-and-Suspension/GS19HD/Heavy-Duty-Suction-Gun make sure on the diff you remove both drain plugs as its divided in two sections then fill on the next drain plug with red label,same for the tranny and a coolant burping funnel valued at 25 dollars you need also ,Make sure the vehicle is secured properly level on jack stand and solid ramps resting under the tires. GOOD LUCK

Thanks man, I went ahead and got this Suction Gun instead since it is $13 from Amazon.
That's the only fluid I am going to let the dealership change is the Coolant so I will leave that to them.
Will prolly not get this stuff until next week so maybe try to do it next weekend if I have everything, will let you know if I have any questions.

04 SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember seeing that car wrecked for sale. The left rear wheel was crooked... Maybe that's where all the issues are from.

OP
OP
M

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Changing rear differential fluid on a gen 3:

The plug circled in green says "Limited Slip Lube Only" is that only for the limited slip additive friction modifier and the plug above it circled in blue is where you put the synthetic gear and axle lubricant or do you put both fluids in the one circled green?
Obviously the ones circled red are the drains.

It says it is full when The differential is full when the lubricant is even with the bottom of the fill hole. Well which fill hole? The one circled in green or blue?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets