Rear window (convertible) glass coming unglued

kmagnuss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anything special I should do here to re-glue it back to the convertible top? I was going to just clean up the area and use either that 3m windshield adhesive or just some black polyurethane of some sort.

Thanks.
-Mag

04Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would recommend buying the convertible top suction clamps from Amazon. They are a must! I also used the 3M adhesive and had no issues, and recommend tapping off the glass and fabric...the adhesive or promoter is terrible to try and remove.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Have you got any links to the adhesive or clamps? I've had this issue for a while now. The lower passenger side was the first to go on mine and I glued it with super glue that seems to have held fine up till now. The driver's side just let go recently though and has come apart over a much longer span, so I've been working out how I want to glue it back together.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hmm, very interesting. Thanks for the info! It seems a bit different from my car on how the window is attached, but I guess it might still work the same. On my top I believe there is some kind of plastic strip that is stitched to the fabric that then gets heat bonded to the glass. The fabric itself isn't directly glued or anything like that and there doesn't seem to be any kind of adhesive residue where it has started separating. Guessing this might still work, but just seems a little different.

OP
OP
K

kmagnuss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did mine last weekend... so far so good.
-3m Window Weld
-Some generic one step primer similar to 3M's for half the cost
-6 pack of those suction cup deals from Amazon.

Probably took 20-30 mins max. So far so good. We'll see how it holds up.