Relationship between the VCA SRT and Chysler

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A message for all of our members and the Viper Club faithful;

As your Regional President and Director at Large for the Western Zone I am fully aware of the latest developments. We had two teleconferences last week; firstly with the Board of Directors of the VCA which I am a member followed immediately by a meeting of the Regional Presidents; both discussions deteriorated to personal attacks; truly uneventful and very disappointing; unfortunately nothing meaningful was accomplished during the sessions.

Having said that I have signed a confidentiality agreement and must be respectful and reserve my personal opinions and judgments until the National Executive has the opportunity to fulfill its obligations and resolve this very crucial matter.

Absolutely nothing is being accomplished by those members that choose to offer their ill informed opinions and personal attach's on fellow members; that will most certainly not resolve anything.

I can tell you without any hesitation that my primary objective for the Western Canada Region is to facilitate the members enjoyment of the mighty Viper; providing opportunities for everyone to participate in events, to meet your fellow Viperholics, and take advantage of the diverse and truly unique membership that we are fortunate to have.

As many of you know I have met Ralph Gilles on several occasions, he is without question the driving force behind the saviour of the Viper. Besides that he is a very personable, dedicated and honorable individual; I will do what ever I can to maintain our relationship with not only Ralph but SRT, Mopar and the Chrysler Corporation.

I am your representative and I will not let you down.

I am also committed to providing all of the members with the FACTS of the matter as and when they become available. At this time there is an inordinate amount of internal strife in the both National and Regional executive; this must be overcome first before we can implement an action plan to move forward proactively.

In the interim please don't be detracted from enjoying the remainder of the Viper season, get out and meet your fellow members, take a drive, have a lunch together just DO IT.

Best Regards,

Jim

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Jim states, and I echo, the goals of your regional board of directors is to ensure that the members benefit from ownership and also membership. The static that has distracted some club members has gone largely unnoticed by many more.
If you want to have fun with your Viper and meet some great people, you are in the right club!
Get out there and enjoy the season while you can!

Greg

hiss highness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yup, Vancouver island tour was a blast this year, hope to have more time next year for more events and viper fun

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, given the events of the last 24 hours...suspension/resignation of many founding execs in the face of the current President reneging on this resignation, what does the Western Canada VCA do at this point?

Other chapters are contemplating secession from the National VCA...at what point does it make sense to take a stand on doing the right thing?

OP
OP
V

VIPPY2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am currently out of country, yet waiting for the latest updates from VCA and the new group wanting to form a new club. Our executive in the Western Canada region want to ensure both camps have presented arguments that can be substantiated before we advise our members and request a vote. As I suggested the date will most likely be mid October.

You most certainly don't want to rush to conclusions on such an important issue.

Regards,

Jim

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the Western Region Zone Director, I would like to back up Jim on his analysis of the current, very fluid situation.

The club is currently in a state of flux, with leadership changing, sometimes on a daily basis.

The current club is reorganizing and attempting to become more relevant to the regional Presidents and their members.

A new club has been proposed by some to attempt the same.

Most regional clubs are taking fresh looks to see what options they may have, when it comes time to align with a National presence, and send in their dues.

I would advise most of my Presidents, and their membership to keep open minds at this crucial time, and to see how things flesh out.

Your dues are current, and paid till the end of the year. No real reason to make any final decisions till closer to that point.

Options will include staying with the current National Club, perhaps with fresh leadership.
Aligning with any new club that may be formalized.
Joining neither of the National Clubs.
Joining both of the National Clubs.

Feedback from most of the members is that they want the National Club to earn their membership, make them relevant, and provide the structure necessary to provide a positive interface with Chrysler and SRT.

So feel free to kick back, enjoy your regional events, have fun with your Vipers, and don't make this the centerpiece of your Viper Ownership Experience, at least until it settles down a bit.

I just got back from a 3 week, +5000 mile Harley ride (with 5 other Viper Club members) from San Diego to British Columbia. I rode throught every one of my regions, and was blown away with the majesty and beauty of our Western Region. We are surely blessed with some of the most fantastic driving venues in the world. One of my goals on this trip was to flesh out the possibility of group events between regions, where we can be invited by adjoining regions to share in their driving events. Came back to a bit of this VCA chaos.

So try to read between the lines on forum posts. Lots of things being sorted out, but I believe that out of this introspection a stronger, more vibrant and engaged Club will emerge.

ZD Paul