Reliable Delivered 00002-Pics/story

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As promised, I am following up with pics now that Bob's 0002 has been delivered (last post--I promise)

As always, Reliable did a good job . They picked up Monday morning in Detroit and had it here in Virginia by Tuesday evening. For history buffs, some comments, then pics:

--the car is in great shape, a few chips , blemishes but not much more than my 06
--changed out all fluids and my long time Viper tech, Tim Harper, went over it bumper to bumper and said it was near perfect. He thanked me for letting him work on "a piece of history" . Great guy who will still work on Vipers despite the shuttering of his dealer.
--0002 is original except 3 inch exhaust;1.75 tube headers;Cold air induction (K&N);3.73 gear and recalibration. It also has hardtop and windows made for Lutz
--like all his cars, Bob drove this--it has 7300 miles, starts right up with no issues
--I am told 0001 still resides somewhere with Iacocca family. I think Eaton had 00008 which went through Barrett Jackson a few years back. (Jon and Maurice might know about the rest of top 10)
--I had forgetten how Gen 1s drive which is good and bad. Kept reaching for the non-existent air conditioner. Weird to see an antenna but not surpising good radio reception (but all I get is early 90s songs:smirk:)

All in all this has been a wonderful experience --from spending time with Bob Lutz, driving his other cars, to delivery and first trip to the tech. Cars like this are important for us to maintain and hopefully not fall in the hands of the non-Viper community and flippers. I have received some great *** from guys on this Board which is always appreciated.

Now the pics. My daughter took these for me. You will note in some there are 2 of Bob's projects--the Viper and the more recent 09 CTS-V which is my daily . Also the pics include 3 Gens (if you consider my 09 a Gen 4)

If RT99 or someone of similar skill can manipulate these so they open in correct size automatically with post, I appreciate it.

Thanks guys for the support. Without this community I would not have known about the availability of the 92. Terry

Last edited:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If RT99 or someone of similar skill can manipulate these so they open in correct size automatically with post, I appreciate it.

Hi Terry, is this the size you want them? If not, let me know and I'll get them the way you want them. Congrats again on the purchase! I've always wanted a 92', but to get the one you got is a pure dream :2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance (long time Viper lover, but never really read much history), but who's the Iacocca family?

Very nice RT though! Very lucky for you to be able to pick that up, and meet Lutz (not to mention taking out his cars haha)

Last edited:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee Iacocca - long time head of Chrysler, under his tenure is when Viper was created. Appeared in many of their commericials in 80s and early 90s...even a very popular one where he introduced the Viper.

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad--perfect size, thanks
Mike--stop by anytime. (though we usually don't let lawyers in the house :))

"Who is Iacocca?? God, I feel old.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Alpine! Like I said, never really read much into the history of Vipers :eek:

Sorry Drummer, but it's not neccesarily that you're old, more so that I'm pretty young :2tu: I was only 5 years old when the Vipers came out. So he was probably long gone by the time I understood what CEO's, presidents, etc were :lmao:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love your pictures. You people live in some very nice neighborhoods. I'm jealous.

Wasn't Lee Iacocca chairman of the "restore the Statue of Liberty" team in the 70's?

Bob

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala