Remember this.... ELECTIONS are coming soon!

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As you all know I have taken over as interim President of the South Central Texas Region until we can hold formal elections this fall. I would like to ask all active members of the VCA to please begin sending in nominations for positions. All nominations must be in by July 4th 2011. After the 4th of July holidays I will send out an email with all nominees for each position. All nominees can campaign for votes at month events and gatherings as well as on the forums.

Your current 2011 Regional VCA Board is:

President:
Kurt Robinson

Vice President:
Chris Green

Treasurer:
Grayson Harcourt

Secretary and Head of Charity events:
Jim Chandler

I would like to thank all the men of the board for coming together on short notice and serving the club in these positions. I appreciate all of our member’s patience in this time of restructuring. I hope it is seamless and you all enjoy the events and gatherings we have planned for you. Please start sending in your nominations, your vote does count!

On a side note our membership numbers are UP! We have several new members on our rosters; I encourage all members new and old to come out every month and get to know one another.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time we were together I should have remembered to bring this up. This may sound like a dumb question, but being a newbie to all this, I was uncertain as to the procedure for how the nominations were to be placed? I mistakenly thought there was more information / details to come. Were we supposed to enter nominations openly on this forum thread? Or was/is there another format to be used? Sorry for dropping the ball on this.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time we were together I should have remembered to bring this up. This may sound like a dumb question, but being a newbie to all this, I was uncertain as to the procedure for how the nominations were to be placed? I mistakenly thought there was more information / details to come. Were we supposed to enter nominations openly on this forum thread? Or was/is there another format to be used? Sorry for dropping the ball on this.

Sorry Mike- I will resend the email. I sent out an email about a week after I took over announcing elections and asked for all nominations to be sent in via email by July 4th. People could campaign and the elections would be this fall. To date the only email I got was from Ryan Fox nominating the entire current interim board. Looks like a landslide election this year!

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kurt,

I presume you are referring to my personal email. If by chance for some reason you don't have it, please let me know.:comp2:

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
::::UPDATE::::

I have sent out ballots, have asked for nominations, and have tried to put together a true election for this region. To date I have six nominations for the current board members. No new names have been nominated.

If you would like to nominate someone or nominate yourself PLEASE email it in ASAP or list it here on the forums.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cmon folks...Kurt and the board is dedicating alot of their time (trust me, been there done that) to helping this club grow. The least we all can do is respond back to him and the board with our feedback on this legally required activity.

Pretty please :)

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cmon folks...Kurt and the board is dedicating alot of their time (trust me, been there done that) to helping this club grow. The least we all can do is respond back to him and the board with our feedback on this legally required activity.

Pretty please :)

Now see I need to learn from past presidents and say pretty please. I just needed that little bit of extra sugar! Hope we get something come in, if not it will be one candidate per position...