Removing the front splitter?

Reaction score
The splitters are easy enough to figure out but the adhesive tape they attach to the top and the fascia is WAY tough. You have to pry and cut pry and cut your way across and then when you are done you need to clean all that goo off and re apply new tape to install. Not "hard" but not fun trying to do it without damaging anything.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
The splitters are easy enough to figure out but the adhesive tape they attach to the top and the fascia is WAY tough. You have to pry and cut pry and cut your way across and then when you are done you need to clean all that goo off and re apply new tape to install. Not "hard" but not fun trying to do it without damaging anything.

Thanks Mark, either that or I'll just let my wife hit a curb stop and remove it the easy way.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget, it was designed as a package by some pretty smart engineers, take off the front and you're gonna get a lot of lift in the front as the balance has been destroyed with the downforce in the rear. Heavy rain, lot's of lift in the front, hydroplaning, not so good.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Don't forget, it was designed as a package by some pretty smart engineers, take off the front and you're gonna get a lot of lift in the front as the balance has been destroyed with the downforce in the rear. Heavy rain, lot's of lift in the front, hydroplaning, not so good.

It will stay on, but I can see her hitting the first curb stop then waiting a couple months or more to get another one through the insurance repair. A lot of grief ahead. LOL

You are, of course correct and I understand it would change the engineering of the car tremendously.

Thanks for the input.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wife's car, her concern, I wonder if it is lower to the ground than her vettes front bottom? She could give or take the look of the splitter, though loves the spoiler.

I can appreciate your concern. I would think it is surely lower than the vette with the splitter. I have an aero car coming soon but he car has also been lowered 1". :omg: Otherwise, I'd measure it for you. I'm leaving the splitter on because I live in the NE and need to plow from time to time. :rolaugh:

Did you buy a car or still looking?

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can appreciate your concern. I would think it is surely lower than the vette with the splitter. I have an aero car coming soon but he car has also been lowered 1". :omg: Otherwise, I'd measure it for you. I'm leaving the splitter on because I live in the NE and need to plow from time to time. :rolaugh:

Did you buy a car or still looking?

Brian,
What color Aero car are you getting??? Are you keeping the SSG.? PM if you like.Kevin

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will stay on, but I can see her hitting the first curb stop then waiting a couple months or more to get another one through the insurance repair. A lot of grief ahead. LOL

You are, of course correct and I understand it would change the engineering of the car tremendously.

Thanks for the input.

Are you aware how much that bad boy costs to replace?

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian,
What color Aero car are you getting??? Are you keeping the SSG.? PM if you like.Kevin

SSG is the color of the aero car. I was waiting for the release of yellow or SSG on the ACR. I only pulled the trigger as I have become more and more concerned about Chrysler's future over the past few months. Its the closest thing to a SSG ACR I can get. No, I am not keeping my current SSG coupe.