reprogrammed key fobs and now no alarm?

jc411

Enthusiast
Reaction score
reprogrammed an additional key fob and now the alarm does not work

the lock and unlock works but the alarm does not... the red LED does not flash anymore?

any suggestions to fix this?

thanks in advance

and the alarm does not work with the original remote

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check your manual. There are a series of steps you can take pressing the fob to disable the alarm. You may have accidentally done this somehow. The manual shows how to re-arm the alarm using your fob.

OP
OP
J

jc411

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i do not have a manual

can anyone please help?

i have a 99 GTS

V

Venomiss

reprogrammed an additional key fob and now the alarm does not work

the lock and unlock works but the alarm does not... the red LED does not flash anymore?

any suggestions to fix this?

thanks in advance

and the alarm does not work with the original remote
Call Chuck Tator
914-763-3136

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you add a FOB and if you do not reprograme the old ones at the same time, there out of the loop! Start over, sitting in the drivers seat, key on to run [do not start it], hold both unlock & lock buttons down untill the horn chirps, then you ONLY have ten seconds to programe the next one and you can programe up to four FOB's. If that does not work, go see the Dealer and have them programe the FOB,s with a DRB.

Thanks Mary!

OP
OP
J

jc411

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no you do not understand

both FOBs work to unlock and lock

but the alarm does not engage and the LED light does not flash

did i ground the wrong port? i grounded the Terminal one which i thought was the terminal farthest to the right when looking in the data link connector

thanks for your help

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have almost the same problem but in my case the remote just does not work at all!! i lost the remote and i got another one guaranteed on e-bay, but following the remote instructions that they sent with the remote it just doesnt work...at all. so i have no alarm so everytime i run out of batt.. i have to do a trick that a friend at the dealer show me to get the car running... but i would like to get the remote working!!! anyone can help... 94 RT..

RickViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks jc i will do it, looks pretty easy, and that green wire is the one im using to turn it off when i run out of batt... so got to be kind of easy.. hope it works.. thanks and will let you know what happen..