Request for pics of carbon fiber custom interiors

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be adding CF pieces to my interior. In the meantime, I would like to see how this worked out for others. Looking forward to seeing the pics:2tu:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this isn't what you're looking for, but hard to beat the 3M wrap for $40

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this isn't what you're looking for, but hard to beat the 3M wrap for $40

You must be registered for see images attach
This is actually very helpful, certainly gives me a good idea what this will look like. Did you consider wrapping the door pull covers? I am very undecided what to do with the shifter surround and door pulls. If I decide to go with CF on those pieces, I am sure it will be wrap, I have seen the gloss kind and it seems like a very good match for real CF.

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shifter surround would be too much if you're doing the console piece it's on as well. Just my opinion.
I think I will be doing more than just those two console pieces. I have the MGW ring but apparently I got the wrong one, the polished one that seems to be clashing with the satin finish on the factory pieces. I guess I need to figure out this part. I think I have seen someone with the CF surround though, maybe my memory fails me, LOL.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is actually very helpful, certainly gives me a good idea what this will look like. Did you consider wrapping the door pull covers? I am very undecided what to do with the shifter surround and door pulls. If I decide to go with CF on those pieces, I am sure it will be wrap, I have seen the gloss kind and it seems like a very good match for real CF.

I did actually, but the area behind the handle would require it to be two piece I think. Wasn't sure I could pull it off without looking cheap.

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did actually, but the area behind the handle would require it to be two piece I think. Wasn't sure I could pull it off without looking cheap.
Are you talking about the long pulls or the actual handles on top? I was just talking about covering the long metal cover on the pulls, they come easy and look pretty simple to wrap. Those on top do not come off and you would have to disassemble the entire part to cover them, not worth the effort IMO.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I was talking about the rubberized coated area surrounding the door handle. I didn't wanna do anything with the pulls as they tied in with the other MGW pieces.

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh I was talking about the rubberized coated area surrounding the door handle. I didn't wanna do anything with the pulls as they tied in with the other MGW pieces.
Got it now. I was not even consider wrapping those areas, doubtful it would stick and to cover them in real CF, you would have to yank out the entire mechanism I think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32