Reverse light

OP
OP
Sniper

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Figured out you've got to stick your hand in hole beside light, turn and pull out.
Why did dodge put a halogen bulb in the reverse light???
There is absolutely no light when you reverse this car, LOL!

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
That feels like it's been an issue for a lot of cars for a long time. I know there are actually standards that govern how bright they have to be minimum, but they feel a lot more like signaling lights than floodlights in most applications. The gen 3/4 have an interesting setup too that has driven me nuts for years.

I damage the corner of my cars years ago and specifically the bulb holder for the reverse light. Figured it wasn't going to be a big deal to get a replacement since I still had the old part and it had a part number on it. The catch is that everywhere I ever found the part listed it as "export only" because it was used as a fog light socket or something on export cars. It never listed the Viper as an application even though it was used there. The only way to get one was to order the whole reverse light assembly. I fought with several places about it saying I had the part in my hand and I know it came from a US car, but their systems wouldn't let them order it I guess. From what I can tell I think it's basically a regular two filament bulb socket, but the lines are connected internally so both filaments light with a single input. I think it was a way to get more light out existing off the shelf bulbs. At least that's my theory.

DJ'sviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My passenger light burned out. I have a manual and looked it up. Figured out how to change it. It looked like the manual wanted you to take out the whole section. All you have to do it twist it out from the trunk. But mine is a Gen 1

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave