Richmond, VA "Polar Bear Run" - Jan 27, 2007

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Richmond, VA \"Polar Bear Run\" - Jan 27, 2007

Mark your calendar for the “Polar Bear Run.” The tentative date is January 27 with a rain date the following Saturday. It's normally includes a cruise to see a couple of local car collections and it ends at a restaurant for lunch. Normally there are 100+ participants. The cars on the run include street rods, antiques, customs, muscle cars, etc. from various car clubs in Virginia. The cruise is normally about 50-75 miles. The departure point will be in the Richmond area. I will post the details of the “Polar Bear Run” as they are finalized.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Richmond, VA \"Polar Bear Run\" - Jan 27, 2007

Don't forget to get me the information on the indoor go-cart facility. I have discussed this with quite a few members and they have expressed interest.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not to hijack but is there going to be a Christmas/New Year meeting this year? Howard sounds like fun. I didn't hear about it last year. I just might come down there if the weather is good.

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I've got more information about the 9th Annual Polar Bear Run. This is a run that is always on a Saturday in January and it is a mystery run. Participants show up at a set time and place for the run and until that time nobody knows where they are going. This year we are going to go to a place to see things that used to move but no longer move. Then we will eat lunch. We might even do a little shopping. Afterwards you can brag about how cool the run was.

The exact meeting place for the 2007 run is the Hardee's and Exxon station at the intersection of Route 1 and I-85 in Dinwiddie County, VA. We will leave at precisely 9:45 AM on Saturday January 27th. The address for the meeting place is 5412 Boydton Plank Road, Petersburg, VA 23803-8940.

You must register for the run so the restaurant will know how many are coming.

More information and registration is at:
http://www.iloveoldcars.com/pbr9/

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Who is planning on going on the Polar Bear Run? I talked with a member of the Corvette Club of Virginia about the Polar Bear Run and some of their members may participate so it would be good to have a nice complement of Vipers. I’m also talking with them about some competition between the two clubs at the G-Force Kart indoor track in Richmond. I’m also talking with them about a joint drag race event for the spring. It should be fun.

See the site below for more information about the Polar Bear Run and to register.
http://www.iloveoldcars.com/pbr9/

BTW don't forget to look at the picture of the Mustang from the previous run. It's not a pretty picture.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No guarantees Howard, but I'll try to come down. I've met two more Viper owners up here Chip "Chipster" and Brian (just bought a '00 from Bernie). Perhaps I can drag them along. Also, if the Corvette club is involved I could persuade the '06 Z06 across the street to come along. I'll let you know for sure as we get closer.

Matt

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score

So far 85 have registered for the Polar Bear Run. I don't know how many of those registered are Vipers owners. If you haven't registered yet be sure to do so.

We will meet at the intersection of I-85 and Rte 1 in Dinwiddie County, VA - 5412 Boydton Plank Rd - the Exxon/Hardees - and will be leaving precisely at 9:45am ... so please be there early and ready to go. So far the weather is saying cold but dry!

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Howard, the site says 93 signed up and don't come if you haven't registered yet. Can we still go? What do you think?

Matt

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Howard, the site says 93 signed up and don't come if you haven't registered yet. Can we still go? What do you think?

Matt

Matt, I recommend you register and then ask Fred Fann in the message area if you can come but not eat if the restaurant is overfull. There may be some no shows. If you cannot get a seat in the restaurant then the standby group could eat somewhere else near by.

The weather looks good. Cold and dry.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Howard, I think I'm gonna pass on this one. Despite the nice weather I can't get any others up here to go too. With 93 cars registered I'm sure we won't be missed. I'll try again next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi