RiverCity Drag Race Results???

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check with the club prez. I sent him what I wrote down at the track. Not complete. Just the 11.00 and under cars.

OP
OP

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil,
How many fewer mods and dollars do you have than me?

BTR nitrous/propane $1750
K&N's and smooth tubes $ 150
Heavy duty 1/2 shafts $ 700
Labor $ 0

Results - $2600 spent = 10.9 @ 132 mph

No doubt Sean has a faster car than mine but I think I have pretty good "VALUE for dollar spent".

ViperRacer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,
Just watched the video clips, those were some great passes Nick made. It's about time you got a driver that can hit all the gears. LOL

OP
OP

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil,
You know, I heard that Albert was going to run <u>liquid</u> propane but I never heard the outcome. I'll ask him this weekend. Also, I don't attribute the power gains to the propane. More so to the big shot of nitrous.
You must be registered for see images
I agree with propane not being as proven as gasoline and I'm checking the plugs very regularly. Any problems and I'll be back to gasoline. For now I'm waiting to see what BTR's liquid C3 injection will do.

I hope I didn't give the impression that I was knocking Seans car. On the contrary. I was just happy to get into the 10's the first time out. I hope Sean and I can have a friendly rivalry. The 10.2 and under guys are out of my league for now. I'll be gunning for ya'll.
Now if i can just get slicks before you do............

Later

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phil,

Here are some answers to your propane questions.

1. Pressure loss is very minimal if at all due to the small amount of propane injected vs the bottles pressure. A 5 lb bottle of propane lasts over 50 1/4 mile runs!

2. I will take propane over gasoline for a fuel additive ANYTIME. You can't buy a higher octane, cooler, cleaner burning less expensive fuel! No loud aftermarket fuel pumps, cells, lines, GASOLINE in The trunk, and the thought that everytime I mash the juice i run the risk of fuel starvation and or detonation due to the low octane properties of gasoline. And the fact that the viper fuel system is not rated above 600 hp doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about tapping the fuel rail and giving that gasoline to a nitrous system.

3. Flammable gas? What about gasoline? Are you saying that every motor home is a traveling time bomb? What about diesel truck conversions? and even alternative fuel cars that use propane? Do more product research. Yes, users must take precautions with propane, but its not the product that does damage, its the ignorance of the uninformed user. That goes for any product not just propane injected vipers.

4. When you can make 750+ ft lbs of rear wheel torque with a stock engine on a nitrous engine with gasoline as the added fuel, please post the results for us to see.

Feel free to check out my website or contact me to learn more about this inovative system that has generated gobs of safe horsepower on cars like the viper, Buick GN, Prowler, Acura NSX, LS-1 Corvette and others.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21