Roe exhaust mounted on a 92, pics

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

just test drove my 92 RT/10 with it's new Roeracing catback and highflows, man what a difference, it sounds like a proper sportscar now!:headbang:
Special thanks to Mike at Roeracing for his friendly service.

Gotta say that it was much more of a PITA as expected. I thought that it was just cutting of the old one and clamping on the new one with a perfect fit and cut of the original hangermounts and weld them on....1 hour job...
But it wasn't. Exactly where the old exhaust needed to be cut were the hanger mounts, so they needed to come off first. Than we noticed the old exhaust wasn't exactly round and so the Roe wouldn't fit, we had to make the old one round again, luckily we were doing it at a carrepair shop, so we had everything we needed to do so.
Next we had to make the perfect fit for the endpart which comes out of the sill (so not sideskirt) But there weren't any hanger mounts on it yet so we had to put it on with tywraps a couple of times, fit the sill and so on, after some cutting and welding again, the endparts were on properly too. We decided to weld it on too, so I can be sure it stays in this position.

Next was making some hanger mounts, because the diameter of the original exhaust is different from the Roe they obviously didn't fit, so we cutted them in pieces and welded them on, not 100% straight so that the exhaust hangs perfectly in place.

The misfitment and other work we did is not the fault of Roe, they told me there was going to be some welding and cutting, for newer RT/10 it's almost bold one, fits from the box with special clamps, only the 92 is different I believe.

Here are some pictures:

before
You must be registered for see images

new exhaust with highflow cats prewelded on it and the right size tube

after

watch the tweaked hangermounts and the nice polished part which comes out of the sill

leftside

rightside

rightside, watch the mounts, not welded straight, so the fit is perfect!

just wanted to share, because I couldn't find any posts concirning aftermarket exhaust fitment on a 92 and so I didn't know what to expect exactly, it's just a little bit different from the newer types, so maybe I just helped one of the other 284 owners!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are roe high flows, wasn't aware there was a choice, and I actually thought they were always the same, I had a look into them and they didn't look steel, but than again, I don't know this stuff

Last edited:

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had a new ROE system sitting in my basement for like 5 years and never installed it... maybe one of these days. Mine is the original system with Borla mufflers and hi flow cats... I was told it is a good bit louder than the new one.

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the sound is perfect for me, not too loud, but it is a sportscar now instead of a UPS truck. I have the flexible windows and never use the back window, so too much loudness is not wanted

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_5ctPK8GFc[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfN_YYx2GFc[/media]

bad quality, but you get the idea

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You should install the replacement exhaust hangers on your '92. It will eliminate exhaust rattling and anchor the pipe more securely. 1992s and early '93s had a horrible spring mount. The bolts loosen over time. There was an Exhaust Hanger Update on this site years ago, but I can email it to you. You'll need CC P/N 4897970AA and some hanger bolts.

James

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It isn't very considerate of you guys to be talking about taking your Vipers to the Ring when you know most of us Americans can only dream about it.

OP
OP
R

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you guys dream about it? It has corners, lots of. Corners! ;)

Oh and did we also mention the ride to the ring....driving 150 miles an hour...legally!

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some good shots of a an early viper exhaust setup!!! Thanks! Those pics are in my viper collection.... :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte