Roe Racing simulator installation PLEASE HELP

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am trying to install the roe racing o2 simulators. The instructions say to connect the simulator wires to the wires on the car side of the o2 connector. The only problem is that colors do not match.

I do not have a wiring diagram (nor should I *(&%ing need one to do this). Does anybody have the information as to which wires connect to the wires on the drives side of the o2 connector?

Please help, I have my viper jacked up like a wooley booger's Trans Am at the trailer park!

ROE RACING OXYGEN SENSOR SIMULATOR

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Working on getting the instructions for you now. They are in my car in a shop unfortunatley. I will create a .PDF file and post an address for it, if I do get it tonight....

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry M, I missed anyone at the shop that could get into my car. I am sure someone else can come up with a set and get them to you.

Worst case, you can run without them for the time being but you will throw a light.

OP
OP
M

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Jason, I appreciate your help!!!

I went ahead and connected them by lining them up with the other O2 side plug. A true PIA and the clamps did not work worth a darn either. This is a kludgey setup. Why not just put a connector prewired identical to the O2 connector for plug and play?!?

I am not happy with this product due to the VERY difficult install.

I could not recommend this set to others with the kludgey install method.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Monnieh,

I just received your message from last night.
Sorry to hear you had trouble understanding the instructions at #2 and #3.
Here again are the total instructions:

1. Locate the downstream oxygen sensors just forward of the differential.

2. Match the color of the wires coming from the oxygen sensor to the colors of the wires from the simulator. The wires change color where the sensors connect to the car wiring harness.

3. On the car side of the connector, use the supplied crimp taps and a pair of pliers to connect the simulator wires directly to the car wires, so that they match the color of the oxygen sensor wires. They must match or the simulators will be damaged, not work and a check engine light will result.

4. Disconnect the original oxygen sensor connection, leaving the factory wires now connected to the simulators by the quick taps.

5. Tie wrap the simulators (screws down) and all wires up and out of the way of the exhaust pipes.

Questions or comments, contact Roe Racing at (904) 733-5469.

Regards,
Sean Roe

OP
OP
M

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sean would you please return my call? I had been waiting to hear from you all morning. Just logged on and saw your post.

I just called you again and got your vmail. I will email you my phone nubmer right now.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
monnieh,
did you buy the simulators used? I just installed a set 2 weeks ago when I removed my cats and they went right in, no problems.
Steve

OP
OP
M

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sean just called me this evening. All of my questions/issues with the sims where resolved.

Mr. Roe is very professional. I would rate my customer service experience with him as "Very Satisfied"

I would purchase again from Mr. Roe without any reservations.

thanks Sean!