Roe SC

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a polished one complete with a vec 3 that I might be selling. If I get my TT deal done then I will sell it. On the car now and can hear run.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what are the +'s and -'s of buying used?

of course price, but how much :dunno:

are the small parts that may not be included available?

are they "testable" as to function, wear, abuse etc.?

i guess what i am asking is is the risk of buying used worth the financial reward?

TIA

p.s. congrats on your future purchase and power bump :2tu:

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Excellent choice. You should call Sean Roe as he may know of customers selling or may even have used ones at his shop.

Ted

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say the +side would be cost. You don't have to worry about it being "worn out" since they last forever. They don't make the polished units anymore so if you want a polished one you'll have to buy used, or send your new one out to get polished.

The -side would be that you might not get all the parts - I know I did not get a lot of little stuff. Most used ones forsale are the older style units - don't flow as well. There is a better chance of damage in shipping since the seller probably won't have the best packing materials for the job - mine was damaged when I got it. If the seller does the removal wrong, the manifold can warp.

After buying mine used I would never sell it without making sure the buyer knew exactly what was included and what he would need to buy separately. Also Sean is a little less apt to help if he knows you bought it used - this is just my personal observation.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a used one for a great price (polished) then had it sent to Sean Roe for an overhaul....

When i got it here in the UK it was like brand new.... Everything baged up and in order..

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id do what Baz did personally. i think the cost is pretty cheap to do so and peice of mind is nice that way.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Phil, I agree
however you have to take in the point of buying a used setup, save $$
a lot of the kits for sale are not that much cheaper than buying new
if you get one for say, $5500, and send it to Sean and pay him another $500-1000 for an overhaul, you're not saving much over just buying a new setup
not to mention what I stated above - you will not always get all the parts, so that is more $$ to finish the kit

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The only part you will not get is a pin kit for the crank which you can purchase from Sean. There is no reason other than someone not paying attention to have missing parts.

The advantage is paying less and getting a polised unit.

The risk is having someone not pay attention and then you have some missing parts. I know Sean has had some shipping damage as well on the units. I think the best way to ship would be to build a wood crate for it.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks everyone for the fine input

Yes Phil, I agree
however you have to take in the point of buying a used setup, save $$ a lot of the kits for sale are not that much cheaper than buying new

it was starting to look like this to me, though polished is nice :2tu:

Most used ones for sale are the older style units - don't flow as well.

how can you tell the difference btw old style and new? :dunno:

TIA

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Phil, I agree
however you have to take in the point of buying a used setup, save $$
a lot of the kits for sale are not that much cheaper than buying new
if you get one for say, $5500, and send it to Sean and pay him another $500-1000 for an overhaul, you're not saving much over just buying a new setup
not to mention what I stated above - you will not always get all the parts, so that is more $$ to finish the kit

I sold mine but made certain everything was there.

Not to differ, but I think Sean's new price is near $8,000 (I haven't checked so I may be wrong). It also does not cost $500-$1,000 for a refurb. Sean get's more like $250 (although I'd imagine that may depend on the shape your S/C is in) so the difference between new and used can be significant to the tune of $2,000.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rear inlet pipes...and I think I recall someone mentioning an airflow diverter on the underneath of the blower. I've never seen a picture of that however. I have the "old style" and it is just fine. I got mine used from Fuelman. M2 had just serviced it and I picked it up in person. I stripped and repainted the inlet tubes (polished blower already) so the cosmetic wear and tear is easilly addressed unless its all dented up in shipping, etc. Nothing on the ROE system is complicated. I've never installed a more straightforward system. The only PITA is the T-stat elbow that you have to use in order for the ROE manifold to clear the heater hose connection. Have to open the cooling system up for that...but then just put the lower temp T-stat in at the same time...also pinning the crank *****...not hard, just backbreaking!! These are some of the hidden "gotcha's. THe basic blower unit and manifold is pretty undistructable. Shipping/packaging would be my biggest concern. As stated before, gaskets and other "expendables" will nickle and dime you to some extent, but all in all buying used from a member or tuner poses little real risk...since they can run but not hide from the feedback!!! AND we are all here to help every step of the way. Keep your focus on the endgame that you are seeking and not so much on athtetics. Make sure you get the installation instructions too. I had to pay $15.00 from Sean for those. Keep excited and positive about what you seek. Its all worth it in the end!!!

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, Sean is asking almost $8k now, so pick up a used one while they're still cheap
I've also heard autorotor is going to stop production of this style soon so they may be increasing even more

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32