Roll Bar requirements for NHRA & track events?

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am planning on running my 'to be' twin turbo Viper at NHRA drag strips and hopefully 1 mile competitions. What are the Cage requirement for these events, roll bar or roll cage?

I want to make sure that I install the correct safety cage before I put my intereior back together.

Look forward to hearing from any Viper racers :2tu:

Cheers
Jason

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
as far as the mile each place as difference requirements. some are lax and just want you to have a roll bar and other want you to have a full cage.

you can check out maxton mile or texas mile for more info. i am not sure of any mile's in canada. there is also one here in nevada called silver state mile i believe, and one in michigan and then there is also the salt flats but thats more of a top speed run.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
as far as the mile each place as difference requirements. some are lax and just want you to have a roll bar and other want you to have a full cage.

you can check out maxton mile or texas mile for more info. i am not sure of any mile's in canada. there is also one here in nevada called silver state mile i believe, and one in michigan and then there is also the salt flats but thats more of a top speed run.

I suspect that everyone has there own requirements...I was hoping that someone could simply tell me "GO WITH THIS....BECAUSE" and help cut through all the blah blah blah :D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got a $500 Kevlar fire jacket for drag racing. I think it's required for 9 sec and faster. I'd be willing to sell it for a couple hundred (it was over $500 when I bought it).

Your car may cut 8's with slicks and for sure that requires a funny car cage, window net, jacket, etc. They used to require many SFI approved pieces like flywheel, scattershield, Balancer, etc. etc. Any speed shop will have the NHRA rule book.

Ted

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got a $500 Kevlar fire jacket for drag racing. I think it's required for 9 sec and faster. I'd be willing to sell it for a couple hundred (it was over $500 when I bought it).

Your car may cut 8's with slicks and for sure that requires a funny car cage, window net, jacket, etc. They used to require many SFI approved pieces like flywheel, scattershield, Balancer, etc. etc. Any speed shop will have the NHRA rule book.

Ted

I definitely don't want to install a full cage. :( So I guess that I'll be doing 8's on the streets instead. :D Until I see :cop: and then I'll be :omg: :curse: :pokey:

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I suspect that everyone has there own requirements...I was hoping that someone could simply tell me "GO WITH THIS....BECAUSE" and help cut through all the blah blah blah :D

oooh i see. well i am going to put a cage in mine instead of a roll bar. not just for events but i will be driving my car around the streets and i like the added safety for me. i know that the cage might get annoying getting in and out the car but i dont mind if it can save my life.

also a cage might be illegal to have in your street legal car, you might want to check the laws/rules about it in your area. most people go with roll bars for this reason.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
oooh i see. well i am going to put a cage in mine instead of a roll bar. not just for events but i will be driving my car around the streets and i like the added safety for me. i know that the cage might get annoying getting in and out the car but i dont mind if it can save my life.

also a cage might be illegal to have in your street legal car, you might want to check the laws/rules about it in your area. most people go with roll bars for this reason.

Thanks for the info! :2tu: Not sure what I am going to do :dunno:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang