Roll Cage Installs?

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With the project underway and knowing I will be well under 11.50 ET Next step will be to install a cage to meet NHRA for the track. I was wondering if anyone has installed a cage in their GTS that is street friendly yet meets NHRA for sub 10sec ET's. If you could include pics that would be great and who did the work...Thanks

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
A little off topic, but I have a gen 2 bulkhead that has only been cut for harnesses. (A slit in each side). It would be a perfect piece to chop and hack on to work with your cage. Just in case you wished to keep your original bulkhead intact. PM me if interested.

I installed the autoform rollbar and it looks and fits great! It would depend on your track, but by the letter of NHRA, I don't think it would work for the ET's your expecting. Probably oughta go with the actual 6 pt or better "cage."

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the project underway and knowing I will be well under 11.50 ET Next step will be to install a cage to meet NHRA for the track. I was wondering if anyone has installed a cage in their GTS that is street friendly yet meets NHRA for sub 10sec ET's. If you could include pics that would be great and who did the work...Thanks

Send a PM to Dave aka Racecars
or check his site www.davesbigbrakes.com
I know he has a roll bar that bolts in, does not interfere with rear vision and looks great.

Lance

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but if you need a NHRA setup, mine won't work:(
NHRA requires a door bar & a cross bar for under 10.99 I think:omg: The faster you go the MORE cage you need:drive:

Big Brake Dave:drive:

OP
OP
C

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dave; Yes I am aware thank you. Do you know anyone who has done several Viper cages for NHRA teched to 7.5?

OP
OP
C

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Racer Robbie:

Have you been able to get anyone from BTR on the phone or e-mail? I have left them many messages and they never answer and never return a call. I heard they might be out of business.. I also heard that the systems and parts are poor quality. Be careful.

Craig

OP
OP
C

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone in the New Jersey area know know of a racecar fabractor that could build a cage in a 99 ACR? I am looking for chrome molly 8pt cage that will tech NHRA 8.50

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
give Kyle of Romar racing in NY state a call. they do some serious fabrication work there..they're the guys doing the engine install for me next week hopefully.

856-778-2737

OP
OP
C

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Racer Robbie:

I hear BTR is out of business. Plus since my posting I have heard that their parts are poorly built. I would like elsewhere.

Craig

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its in walden NY. give kyle a call, he's really easy to deal with and more than fair on thier pricing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery