Roll Call: Who's going to Hearst Castle in October?

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Thread title sums it up. Who's going to Hearst Castle in October? For those who have not heard of the cruise all pertinent details can be found here:

http://socalviper.com/forum/index.php?topic=483.0

Summary:
Overnight cruise to Hearst Castle in San Simeon, CA on October 27th-29th w/all 3 of the California regions (North, Central and Southern), Arizona and Nevada.

Tour of William Randolph Hearst's Castle (the newspaper magnate), Cruising :drive:, Wine Tasting, :beer: , and a chance to mingle with members from other regions, in essence it can turn into a mini-western region VOI (without the Dodge plugs:D ). Extra big thanks to PCH Viper for helping set this event up.

So who's going?

OP
OP
N

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey OGO,

Maybe you can pass along a few tips for the craps table. I'm employing an Aggressive strategy by playing the Pass line and 3 Come bets at a time while placing odds on them. Any pointers, since I'm avoiding all of the proposition bets.

Lance, I'm going to stay away from any card game Lori is participating in, I don't want her to take my lunch and gas money :D .

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey OGO,

Maybe you can pass along a few tips for the craps table. I'm employing an Aggressive strategy by playing the Pass line and 3 Come bets at a time while placing odds on them. Any pointers, since I'm avoiding all of the proposition bets.

Lance, I'm going to stay away from any card game Lori is participating in, I don't want her to take my lunch and gas money :D .

Here's a tip - play blackjack instead (assuming you at least know basic strategy). Make sure to play a table where they haven't diluted the blackjack payout to 1:1, though.

Also, if you know perfect FP deuces or double bonus video poker strategy, there are still a few 100% machines to be found in town.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

It's looking like about 50 cars so far. Cruising up PCH should be a blast.

Dan

OP
OP
N

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lance, Lori's such a card bully :D .

Matt, Thanks for the tips.:2tu:

Dan, 50 Vipers!!!!! It's going to be reminiscent of the Duke's cruise where we had all 4 PCH lanes stacked with 20+ Vipers. I can't wait!:2tu: :2tu:

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey MoparMan,
Glad you will be joining us ! From what I'm hearing, it will be a very LARGE gathering of Vipers ! Our club President has put a tremendous amount of work into this event and I'm sure that it will be a huge success.

If you haven't already, make sure you make your hotel reservations and send in your application as soon as you can.

See you soon!

Lance

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lance - we mailed the form and check yesterday and booked the hotel the evening before. For cheapskates like us, know that the hotel is out of non-view rooms so we took a partial view room. We can't leave here until noon on Saturday so we'll have to catch up with you guys Saturday night.

OP
OP
N

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Be sure to check out the . : : SoCal Viper : : . site for complete details, you should have received an email from Cathy listing the final details, but just in case you didn't here they are:

Saturday:
If you’ve opted for dinner with the group, it will be at Marie Callender’s in their “Ship Room” in Pismo Beach. This is an open buffet and you may have dinner anytime between 5:30pm and 8:30pm.

Sunday:
6:00am Breakfast is on your own. If you’re staying at The Cliff’s Resort their Marisol restaurant can provide a continental breakfast, a breakfast buffet or you may order from the breakfast menu, if interested. They will be opening their doors at 6am, a half-hour early, to accommodate our early departure.

7:00am Depart from The Cliff’s Resort and caravan to Hearst Castle. I will need to pickup the tickets for the tour and movie from the ticket office – then please see me – you’ll use your “tour ticket” for this.
To keep the regions together for the tour, it breaks down as follows:
9:00am Tour – All of AZ, NV and SoCal with member’s last name P through W
9:20am Tour – Remaining SoCal Region member’s last name A through N
10:00am Tour – Central & Northern CA Regions
Regardless of the tour you’re on, there will plenty of time to visit the visitor’s center and shops.

11:45am Lunch at Hearst Castle. There will be a table at the rear of the café with a sign for the Viper Club. With your “lunch ticket”, request your picnic lunch choosing the sandwich you would like and a soda or water. Lunch will also come with fruit, chips and a cookie.

1:00pm Depart for Meridian winery. When we arrive at Meridian, after turning left onto Meridian Way, turn right onto Winery Lane and park. We are scheduled for a private tasting in their Chai / barrel room. Present your “wine ticket” to receive your wine glasses which you get to keep. The winery has also offered the club a 15% discount all wines and free shipping on any case of wine.

3:30pm Caravan back to The Cliff’s Resort – or your own destination.

6:30pm Dinner is at The Cliff’s Resort in their ballroom on the ground floor. Doors open at 6:30 for cocktails – Dinner (and a word from our entertainer) begin at 7:00.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Wow,

What a crazy weekend! 60 + Vipers driving the coast all in a line!

Dan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62