roof cart

jes4fun

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm looking for a roof cart for my top to store when it isn't attached to the car. I am having the top repainted due to scuff marks and I want to prevent this from happening again. I'm open for ideas.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ford thunderbird with two tops came with nice cart. Don't know if order able from Ford parts but it worked well for my 2002 top. Might find one if you do a search.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've thought about rigging a rope and pulley arrangement from the garage ceiling to lift and store the top. Haven't got past the idea stage yet though! For a cart, it should be relatively easy to cobble one together with PVC piping.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow ask and you shall receive! Great video Jay. The electric winch was a nice upgrade to what I had in mind. Bet you have floor markers so the RT/10 is parked with precision beneath it's top.

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I set the system up for a 1955 Thunderbird and the top was very heavy so the winch is a cheap harbor freight. The pulleys are not added for power they were added to slow do the speed of the accent or decent. Alignment is not a big issue with the Viper as the top is so light and doesn't run the risk of scratching paint like the T-bird. The actual frame that lifts the top is a modified lift from a MB 600 SL, I change cars a lot and just adjust and modify.

OP
OP
J

jes4fun

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did some research online and found a roof storage cart at a great price, in fact I purchased two, one for my stock top and one for the top I have on order at auto form group. I will post a picture on the forum. I thank everyone for their input and ideas. FYI the carts I ordered are made for Mercedes sport coupes and were only 135.00 each including shipping, pretty good price.